Re: [nslu2-linux] I will pay for help with new app for nslu2 or WRT54

  • George Styles
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2005
      Have you seen the NETIOM module? its a PIC based device which plugs
      into the network, and has an integrated web server. It has a serial
      port (and a bunch of digital IO lines), which can be read/written from
      a browser (or wget) by uploading special cgi scripts to the device.
      Its quite cheap as well, but comes without a power supply and without
      a case.
      You can also get a relay card for them with 8 relays on (eg, to
      remotely press reset on a crashed PC!)

      http://www.audon.co.uk/netiom.html

      On 10/1/05, Richard Hayes <nadamarketing@...> wrote:
      > Dear list,
      >
      > I want to capture data from a serial port on some
      > electronic monitoring equipment and modify it into a
      > structured XML message. Then is will be sent to a
      > Corba-based server.
      >
      > My initial thoughts are to use curl but any thoughts
      > or suggestions are appreciated.
      >
      > All the software will naturally be LGPL / GPL.
      >
      > regards,
      >
      > Richard Hayes
      > Orbit Australia
      > +(61-2) 9209 4025
      > +(61) 0414 618 425

      > ________________________________

    • Gavin Tomlins
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 8, 2005
        Good evening Richard,

        Are you still looking for contractors for this project? Do you have a system
        specification or software requirements for this project? Depending upon the
        scope, I maybe of some assistance.

        Regards

        Gavin

        I want to capture data from a serial port on some electronic monitoring
        equipment and modify it into a structured XML message. Then is will be sent
        to a Corba-based server.

        My initial thoughts are to use curl but any thoughts or suggestions are
        appreciated.

        All the software will naturally be LGPL / GPL.

        regards,

        Richard Hayes
        Orbit Australia
        +(61-2) 9209 4025
        +(61) 0414 618 425

        How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE
        with Yahoo! Photos http://uk.photos.yahoo.com

        Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job). Welcome to the Sweet Life.
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/O7EolB/TM