I will pay for help with new app for nslu2 or WRT54

  • Richard Hayes
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 30, 2005
      Dear list,

      I want to capture data from a serial port on some
      electronic monitoring equipment and modify it into a
      structured XML message. Then is will be sent to a
      Corba-based server.

      My initial thoughts are to use curl but any thoughts
      or suggestions are appreciated.

      All the software will naturally be LGPL / GPL.

      regards,

      Richard Hayes
      Orbit Australia
      +(61-2) 9209 4025
      +(61) 0414 618 425

    • George Styles
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2005
        Have you seen the NETIOM module? its a PIC based device which plugs
        into the network, and has an integrated web server. It has a serial
        port (and a bunch of digital IO lines), which can be read/written from
        a browser (or wget) by uploading special cgi scripts to the device.
        Its quite cheap as well, but comes without a power supply and without
        a case.
        You can also get a relay card for them with 8 relays on (eg, to
        remotely press reset on a crashed PC!)

        http://www.audon.co.uk/netiom.html

        On 10/1/05, Richard Hayes <nadamarketing@...> wrote:
        > Dear list,
        >
        > I want to capture data from a serial port on some
        > electronic monitoring equipment and modify it into a
        > structured XML message. Then is will be sent to a
        > Corba-based server.
        >
        > My initial thoughts are to use curl but any thoughts
        > or suggestions are appreciated.
        >
        > All the software will naturally be LGPL / GPL.
        >
        > regards,
        >
        > Richard Hayes
        > Orbit Australia
        > +(61-2) 9209 4025
        > +(61) 0414 618 425

        > ________________________________

      • Gavin Tomlins
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 8, 2005
          Good evening Richard,

          Are you still looking for contractors for this project? Do you have a system
          specification or software requirements for this project? Depending upon the
          scope, I maybe of some assistance.

          Regards

          Gavin

          I want to capture data from a serial port on some electronic monitoring
          equipment and modify it into a structured XML message. Then is will be sent
          to a Corba-based server.

          My initial thoughts are to use curl but any thoughts or suggestions are
          appreciated.

          All the software will naturally be LGPL / GPL.

          regards,

          Richard Hayes
          Orbit Australia
          +(61-2) 9209 4025
          +(61) 0414 618 425

          How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE
          with Yahoo! Photos http://uk.photos.yahoo.com

          Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job). Welcome to the Sweet Life.
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/O7EolB/TM