Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Settings Loss - Need Help Fixing

  • Jim Buzbee
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 10, 2004
      On Aug 10, 2004, at 1:25 AM, krusty742 wrote:

      > There must be a way to do this without reformating the drive because
      > the original configuration files for the shares, users, and
      > passwords are on the drive in it's own partition. The hard part is
      > getting it the NSLU2 to reconize the drive without formatting. I am
      > wondering what is on the drive that is making the NSLU2 to not
      > reconize that it is not formatted. If we can change that then we
      > don't have to bother reformatting and putting all that data back on.

      I think it is the /share/hdd/conf/.dongle file. If you remove it the
      NSLU2 refuses to mount the drive. If you put it back, the drive
      gets mounted.

      I would guess that if you duplicated all of the proper files and
      directories you could build a drive by-hand. There is also
      a flash configuration item :

      [harddisk]
      validhd=1:0
      invalidhd=0:0