FAAD package available for unslung?

  • nexstar_josh
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 19, 2005
      Hi,

      Sorry if this is OT or such like, it's my first post.

      I am running Slimserver on my slug and was wondering if FAAD is
      available anywhere or whether anyone has succesfully compiled it.

      Thanks,

      JoshM
    • justin4322
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2005
        Hi,
        Did you have any joy with this? I too have Slimserver on the Slug, and a large collection of
        AAC files; rather than converting all to Mp3 I'd rather try and use FAAD+/- LAME to convert
        on the fly. Is the Slug up to it?

        Justin

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "nexstar_josh" <kingweasel@h...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Sorry if this is OT or such like, it's my first post.
        >
        > I am running Slimserver on my slug and was wondering if FAAD is
        > available anywhere or whether anyone has succesfully compiled it.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > JoshM
      • nexstar_josh
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2005
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "justin4322" <jtuggey@d...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          > Did you have any joy with this? I too have Slimserver on the Slug,
          and a large collection of
          > AAC files; rather than converting all to Mp3 I'd rather try and use
          FAAD+/- LAME to convert
          > on the fly. Is the Slug up to it?
          >
          > Justin

          Hi Justin,

          Alas, no such luck as yet. The squeezebox doesn't even seem to want to
          decode on the fly at the moment so I have had no joy whatsoever in
          playing back AAC files.

          I'll keep you updated of anything I come across. I have a suspicion
          that the slug probably won't be able to cope with it, anyhow... :(

          JoshM