Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Recover from a bad flash - HELP

    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 16, 2005
      On 9/17/05, erlingsa29 <erling.sandsdalen@...> wrote:
      > > I have given away one of the slugs, I will see if I am able to fix
      > the second (even though this seems to be hard since I`m a complete
      > novice in the Linux world!)

      We have not seen a case yet where a slug flashed through the web
      interface, sercomm utility, or upslug(2) cannot be recovered via
      telnet to redboot, reset sysconf, entry to upgrade mode, and reflash.

      If the bootloader is still intact (and you *really* need to do
      something stupid to overwrite the bootloader[1]), then you can always
      recover the flash.

      -- Rod

      [1] ... or be testing a very early slugimage prototype ...