Re: debian compilation 'tutorial'

  • Phil Endecott
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 15, 2005
      >>>> $ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
      >>> What about stripping the executables?
      >> The executables are stripped.
      > It seems that is not always the case.

      I can't explain that. If you grep for 'install' or 'strip' or 'section'
      recursively in that package's debian/ directory you may find a clue. I
      know that it is possible to strip some sections but not others, which
      can be useful in some cases. Note that 'file' can also be used to
      report whether a file is stripped.

      --Phil.