Re: problem with dynamic dns update using perl

  • diag71
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 15, 2005
      That Perl seems over complicated for a relatively simple matter. Do
      you have a router that can update your dyn dns service? If yes, that's
      the way to go.

      Otherwise, you just need to hit this website to update the IP ....
      http://www.dnsexit.com/RemoteUpdate.sv?login=yourl
      ogin&password=yourpassword&host=yourhost.yourdomain.com

      Perhaps you could setup a cron entry to hit that website periodically
      using wget or something.