Re: loop.o for unslung

  • hd_de_2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 12 1:04 PM
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Westerhof" <mwester@d...> wrote:
      > I presume this is a loadable module (insmod) for the 2.4 kernel with
      Unslung 5.5? Is there an losetup binary to match,...

      It was build for unslung 3.17; I guess that it works
      with unslung 5.5 as well. I completeley forgot about losetup,
      so here is the package with both module and binary:
      <http://www.fh-furtwangen.de/~dersch/loop.tar.gz>

      I am using this script to mount an (ext2)-imagefile at boottime:

      #!/bin/sh

      mknod /dev/loop0 b 7 0
      insmod /opt/lib/modules/loop.o
      losetup /dev/loop0 /opt/share/tools.image
      mount -t ext2 /dev/loop0 /tools

      Actually, I am now using the cloop module which I
      posted earlier. It does the same job while saving
      a lot of space.

      Regards

      Helmut Dersch