Re: HowTo install no-ip service

  • marcelo
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2005
      Rod Whitby ha scritto:
      > Do you want to become an Optware developer, and put all of those later
      > steps into the downloadable ipkg ?
      >
      > The ./noip2 -C step could be done in the postinst file, and the init
      > script can be part of the package.
      >
      > Then you just ipkg install noip, answer the questions, and it starts
      > working automatically ... no other commands or file editing required.
      >
      > -- Rod
      >
      > On 8/29/05, r0ger <r0ger@...> wrote:
      >
      >>I have finished to install the noip service on my NSLU2 so I have
      >>writed (in my very bad English :-( ) a quick guide on how to proceed
      >>install the no-ip service
      >>
      >>you can find the article at
      >>http://www.viti.tv/modules/sections/index.php?op=viewarticle&artid=3

      What is an Optware dev?
      Currently I'm tryng to install an environment to cross compile on
      CygWin... using the info I have found on the wiki page into the
      CrossCompile section.
      I agree with you that to execute automatically the noip2 -c steps after
      th ipkg install can be usefull

      Marcelo
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2, 2005
        On 9/2/05, marcelo <r0ger@...> wrote:
        Rod Whitby ha scritto:

        > Do you want to become an Optware developer, and put all of those later
        > steps into the downloadable ipkg ?
        What is an Optware dev?

        Someone who contributed packages for Unslung/WL-500g/DS-101/DS101g.

        I would recommend using CoLinux (www.colinux.org) instead.  We know that colinux works.

        > I agree with you that to execute automatically the noip2 -c steps after
        th ipkg install can be usefull
        Yep, that's the reason to put it in the package, so everyone benefits.

        -- Rod
      • marcelo
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 2, 2005
          Rod Whitby ha scritto:
          > On 9/2/05, *marcelo* <r0ger@...
          > <mailto:r0ger@...>> wrote:
          >
          > Rod Whitby ha scritto:
          >
          >> Do you want to become an Optware developer, and put all of those later
          >> steps into the downloadable ipkg ?
          > What is an Optware dev?
          >

          > Someone who contributed packages for Unslung/WL-500g/DS-101/DS101g.

          YES.... but I need some week in order to align my know how ;-)

          > Currently I'm tryng to install an environment to cross compile on
          > CygWin... using the info I have found on the wiki page into the
          > CrossCompile section.
          >

          > I would recommend using CoLinux (www.colinux.org
          > <http://www.colinux.org>) instead. We know that colinux works.

          I have started to read more about it right now ... I'll give you an
          update about the status ;-)