RE: [nslu2-linux] Re: Spindown scsi disk in OpenSlug

  • Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2 5:40 AM

      Tried out scsi-stop on my Openslug 2.6 power devslug (on loan again!).
      /var/log/messages said:

      "Sep 2 14:46:39 debslug kernel: program scsi-stop is using a deprecated
      SCSI ioctl, please convert it to SG_IO"

      and the drive did not spin down (but it was the main drive and thus in
      activity the whole time).

      best,

      -- Inge

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2 6:52 AM
        Mayby try start from flash and run scsi-stop (scsi-start)
        I checked my enclosure (Walland unknown model) They is on PL-3507
        chipset (FW+USB)
        Probably it will be work on chiset PL-2507 (without FW)

        I checked /var/log/messages
        I have this messages too.. but disk spindown
        program scsi-stop is using a deprecated SCSI ioctl, please convert it
        to SG_IO

        Demsey

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen