Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: armeb debian package status

  • Tommy B
    Message 1 of 29 , Sep 1, 2005
      Scott Russ wrote:

      >>If your favorite package hasn't been built yet, please let me know,
      >>and I'll prioritise it.
      >>

      >Centericq would a nice one to have. Then I could turn off my mini-itx and
      >just use the NSLU2.
      >
      >-Scott

      As Lennert would say "Added to the list" or "Building now" :)

      I think I"m building the last of the dependencies now, then the main
      package should build.

      Cheers,

      [g2]
    • Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
      Message 2 of 29 , Sep 2, 2005
        > I think I"m building the last of the dependencies now,
        > then the main package should build.

        G2 - where is your repo? Only have Lennert's in my sources.list and it has
        not been updated since he left, so I guess you have your own?

        Also - what about webmin? It should be nothing to compile, but it depends on
        Perl but that should be ok?

        best,

        -- inge
      • Lennert Buytenhek
        Message 3 of 29 , Sep 11, 2005
          On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 07:36:47AM -0000, guyug01 wrote:

          > > If your favorite package hasn't been built yet, please let me know,
          > > and I'll prioritise it.
          >
          > "VLC server" would be also a killer app for video sreaming.
          > http://www.videolan.org/

          vlc 0.8.1 packages just finished compiling (after a day or so of
          compiling dependencies) and I'm adding them to the repository right
          now.

          cheers,
          Lennert
        • Attila Csipa
          Message 4 of 29 , Sep 11, 2005
            On Sunday 11 September 2005 10:06, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
            > vlc 0.8.1 packages just finished compiling (after a day or so of
            > compiling dependencies) and I'm adding them to the repository right
            > now.

            How about ssmtp and thttpd to save on at least some of the bloat ? No need to
            have apache and exim just to see traffic rates and issue a warning here and
            there :)
          • Lennert Buytenhek
            Message 5 of 29 , Sep 11, 2005
              On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 12:17:20PM +0200, Attila Csipa wrote:

              > > vlc 0.8.1 packages just finished compiling (after a day or so of
              > > compiling dependencies) and I'm adding them to the repository right
              > > now.
              >
              > How about ssmtp and thttpd to save on at least some of the bloat ?

              Done. Note that getting exim removed might be a bit of a pain
              -- not sure whether that's a debian bug or whether it's a problem
              with our packages.

              Any other requests?

              --L
            • Attila Csipa
              Message 6 of 29 , Sep 11, 2005
                On Sunday 11 September 2005 12:37, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
                > Done. Note that getting exim removed might be a bit of a pain
                > -- not sure whether that's a debian bug or whether it's a problem
                > with our packages.

                Strange indeed, this goes without problems on regular i386 sarge...

                urban:/home/bear# apt-get install ssmtp
                Reading Package Lists... Done
                Building Dependency Tree... Done
                The following packages will be REMOVED:
                exim4-base exim4-config exim4-daemon-heavy
                ssmtp
                0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 3 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
                Need to get 32.6kB of archives.
                After unpacking 3174kB disk space will be freed.
                Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

                and on the slug:

                slug:/etc/apt# apt-get install ssmtp
                Reading Package Lists... Done
                Building Dependency Tree... Done
                or been moved out of Incoming.

                that package should be filed.

                exim4-base: Depends: exim4-config (>= 4.30) but it is not going to be
                installed or
                exim4-config-2
                E: Broken packages
              • Brian Zhou
                Message 7 of 29 , Sep 11, 2005
                  How about ion3 window manager?

                  On the language front, mzscheme, clisp (or cmucl/sbcl) and erlang are
                  always very nice to have.

                  Thanks alot,

                  -Brian Zhou

                  --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Lennert Buytenhek <buytenh@w...>
                  wrote:
                  > On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 12:17:20PM +0200, Attila Csipa wrote:
                  >
                  > > > vlc 0.8.1 packages just finished compiling (after a day or so of
                  > > > compiling dependencies) and I'm adding them to the repository right
                  > > > now.
                  > >
                  > > How about ssmtp and thttpd to save on at least some of the bloat ?
                  >
                  > Done. Note that getting exim removed might be a bit of a pain
                  > -- not sure whether that's a debian bug or whether it's a problem
                  > with our packages.
                  >
                  > Any other requests?
                  >

                  > --L
                • Kurt Bernhard Pruenner
                  Message 8 of 29 , Sep 12, 2005
                    Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
                    > Any other requests?

                    vim? That'd probably make most of the cursing in my room stop, what with
                    all the features that nvi is missing... :)

                    --
                    Kurt Bernhard Pruenner --- Haendelstrasse 17 --- 4020 Linz --- Austria
                    .......It might be written "Mindfuck", but it''s spelt "L-A-I-N".......
                    Message 9 of 29 , Sep 12, 2005
                      On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 07:17:35AM -0000, guyug01 wrote:

                      > > I tried building the 'vlc' package, but that depends on so much stuff
                      > > Sorry, this'll have to wait a week or so.
                      >
                      > Take it easy!
                      > As there are some very important improvements in the last version,
                      > could you take this from:
                      > http://vthr.via.ecp.fr/~videolan/

                      In principle, no. I'm trying to stay as close to debian sarge as
                      possible. If you want to have a newer version of vlc, you could
                      perhaps try to build it yourself as most dependencies should have
                      been satisfied?

                      --L
                    • Lennert Buytenhek
                      Message 10 of 29 , Sep 12, 2005
                        On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 02:24:22PM +0200, Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen wrote:

                        > > I think I"m building the last of the dependencies now,
                        > > then the main package should build.
                        >
                        > G2 - where is your repo? Only have Lennert's in my sources.list and it
                        > has not been updated since he left, so I guess you have your own?

                        debian.nslu2-linux.org now points to dyoung's repository, while my
                        repository is still at sukurys.wantstofly.org. However, I regularly
                        push to and pull from dyoung's repo, so the two should be in sync most
                        of the time.

                        > Also - what about webmin? It should be nothing to compile, but it
                        > depends on Perl but that should be ok?

                        Added to the list.

                        --L
                      • mbanditt
                        Message 11 of 29 , Sep 14, 2005
                          My favorite missing package is: hpoj-0.91

                          That would be great, cause I could add scanning to my slug!

                          Cheers,

                          Michael
                        • Lennert Buytenhek
                          Message 12 of 29 , Sep 14, 2005
                            On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 05:16:28PM +0200, Kurt Bernhard Pruenner wrote:

                            > > Any other requests?
                            >
                            > vim? That'd probably make most of the cursing in my room stop, what with
                            > all the features that nvi is missing... :)

                            Added.

                            --L
                          • Lennert Buytenhek
                            Message 13 of 29 , Sep 14, 2005

                              Message 14 of 29 , Sep 15, 2005
                                wrote:
                                > On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 11:47:38AM -0000, mbanditt wrote:
                                >
                                > > My favorite missing package is: hpoj-0.91
                                >
                                > Added.
                                >

                                > cheers,
                                > Lennert

                                Thanks!

                                Yesterday I already tried to compile it with apt-src. Worked perfectly!

                                Unfortunately, the package does not work fully. The probing for
                                attached printers does not find any (although the printer is shown
                                with lsusb and works as a raw printer with cups). Copying a hpoj
                                configuration file from a desktop to the slug leads to a working
                                scanning functions, but no printing so far. Furthermore, scanning
                                blocks the usb port forever, so after one scan no more printing via
                                cups is possible.

                                This only as an info to whom it concerns. I will try your package.

                                Cheers,

                                Michael
                              • mbanditt
                                Message 15 of 29 , Sep 16, 2005
                                  --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "mbanditt" <auslands-kv@g...> wrote:
                                  > Thanks!
                                  >
                                  > Yesterday I already tried to compile it with apt-src. Worked perfectly!
                                  >
                                  > Unfortunately, the package does not work fully. The probing for
                                  > attached printers does not find any (although the printer is shown
                                  > with lsusb and works as a raw printer with cups). Copying a hpoj
                                  > configuration file from a desktop to the slug leads to a working
                                  > scanning functions, but no printing so far. Furthermore, scanning
                                  > blocks the usb port forever, so after one scan no more printing via
                                  > cups is possible.
                                  >
                                  > This only as an info to whom it concerns. I will try your package.
                                  >
                                  > Cheers,
                                  >
                                  > Michael

                                  Well just for your info. I tried the hpoj package from the repository
                                  and it shows the same symptoms as my own compilation. Fortunately, I
                                  found a 'workaround': The usb port can be freed by power cycling the
                                  printer.

                                  So now, I can scan and print via the slug as a server :-) Great!

                                  And I can only underline that it is very easy to compile proggies on
                                  the OpenDebianSlug using the method from Lennard.

                                  Cheers,

                                  Michael

                                  P.S: OpenDebian also solved one other problem for me: xinetd did not
                                  work correctly with udp (at least not with openvpn). Now I'm running
                                  inetd and it works perfectly.
                                • donsuz_juan
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Nov 7, 2005
                                    Has anyone managed to compile irssi on the nslu2? Mine is asking for
                                    ncurses-devel, which isn't available in the ipkg list. I downloaded
                                    ncurses' sources and started compiling that, but it's kind of stuck on
                                    AWK=awk sh ... >>curses.h

                                    any tips/tricks/packages?
                                    thanks