Change to RAID howto

  • neilcarthy
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2005
      I have edited the "raid1 on unslung 5.5" howto to remove a crucial typo:

      The howto was incorrectly creating raid arrays on the unslung drive
      (mdadm --create /dev/sda1 etc.) instead of on the blank drive (mdadm --
      create /dev/sdb1).

      Apologies to anyone who used this. You may have inadvertantly created
      raid superblocks on your unslung drive. You can remove them by running
      mdadm --zero-superblock /dev/sda1 etc.

      Neil