Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: rtorrent on openslug 2.5

  • Mario
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 31 11:23 PM
      Øyvind Repvik wrote:
      >>- the configure script has a bug for which it doesn't recognize that the
      >>machine needs special alignments; after the invocation of the
      >>'./configure' script you have to edit the 'config.h' file to add the
      >>following line '#define USE_ALIGNED 1'; DON'T launch another time the
      >>'./configure' script!
      >
      > Is this possible to override with configure variables? If you look in
      > openembedded/site/armeb-linux, you will see a lot of overrides for eg.
      > samba, for cases where configure does not detect stuff correctly.

      I have to check this.

      >>- there is a problem (I guess) with the maximum number of sockets that
      >>the openslug can open at the same time; rtorrent hangs the ssh
      >>connections!! Before to launch rtorrent you have to use the following
      >>command (suggested by the author of rtorrent): 'ulimit -Sn 64'. Is this
      >>a bug/limitation of openslug kernel? Can we fix it?
      >
      > I've got no idea about this.

      Another way to overcom this limitation is to use the directive
      'max_open_sockets = 64' in the configure file of rtorrent.
      This seems to be a limitation of the nslu2 machine or of the used
      kernel. Is there someone that know something about this?

      >>It is not so easy to compile and I'm not able at the moment to produce a
      >>.pkg package. At least I can provide a tar.gz of my /usr/local/ sub-tree
      >>with all the extra-feed files.
      >
      > I can see what I can do when the development release comes next week.
      > Who knows, I might even be able to get it to work ;-)

      Thanks for your availability.

      Mario

      --
      Home Page: http://www.marioland.it
      GnuPG/PGP key (ID BAC3EBB1) available on key-servers
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 4, 2005
        Øyvind Repvik wrote:
        >>It is not so easy to compile and I'm not able at the moment to produce a
        >>.pkg package. At least I can provide a tar.gz of my /usr/local/ sub-tree
        >>with all the extra-feed files.
        >
        > I can see what I can do when the development release comes next week.
        > Who knows, I might even be able to get it to work ;-)

        We have the new development release! :)

        Mario