Re: USB-to-serial: pl2303_read_int_callback - usb_submit_urb failed with result

  • M. Westerhof
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9, 2005
      Those are the same error messages I ran into -- it was a known problem
      with newer Prolific-based USB->serial adaptors. The current Unslung
      (2.4-based) kernel doesn't recognize them as different from the old
      chips, and you get that message when you attempt to read or manipulate
      the RTS/CTS, DTR/DCD/RI control signals.

      A patch exists, and one of the kind folks on this list posted a URL
      for me with an updated pl2303.o file (replaces the existing one in
      /lib/modules/long/way/down/the/directory/tree/pl2303.o).

      It solved my problem perfectly (BTW, thank you Mr. Dersch).

      Mike

      Here's the original message, although you can also find it by
      searching for the thread...

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "M. Westerhof" <mwester@d...>
      wrote:

      > Has anyone (or will any kind person) patched and rebuilt the
      pl2303.o
      > module?

      <http://www.fh-furtwangen.de/~dersch/pl2303.o>

      Regards