Re: Encryption of harddisk

  • matt@mattbostock.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 3, 2005
      Hi James,

      I'm seeking the same thing. I'm now using a 60GB notebook hard disk
      (5,400 RPM - fast for notebook HDD), in a small external case. The idea
      is that when I'm at home, I can plug it into my NSLU2 and share it
      between several PCs. When I travel, I can just hook up the tiny drive to
      my laptop via USB and carry my files/mp3s with me.

      Since the data contained would be the same stuff I'd keep on my desktop,
      it needs encrypting so that if it were lost/stolen whilst travelling,
      I'd have a level of protection.

      To avoid excess processing on the Slug, I think I'll create an image
      file of a filesystem, then use the Slug's samba to share it. I can then
      mount the image on each client PC and use it that way.

      I hope that makes sense?!

      Matt :)