Re: Printing using GDI driver (cups+foomatic+ghostscrip)

  • mongolito_404
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2 12:19 PM
      Thank you for the tips, but I forgot to mention that I've only Linux
      boxes. I may need to let Windows machien to use the printer but the
      main requirement is to works for Linux based clients.

      I followed the "Check out" section from [1] and now "make source
      ghostscript" is running. I hope it would download the sources for
      ghostscript and put them in the sources/ghostscript dir so I can add
      gdevgdi.c (from [2]) to it, append gdevgdi-gdi.mak to contrib.mak and
      Makefile.in as needed to then "make gjostscript" to end with a
      ghostscript ipkg package with GDI support. I still don't know how to
      directly install the produced package but it should'nt be that hard ;)

      [1]http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Unslung/AddAPackageToUnslung
      [2]http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_driver.cgi?driver=gdi&fromprinter=Samsung-ML-1710

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Jochen Rüter <webseiten@j...> wrote:
      > If you just want to print from a windows-pc, I think you could
      configure
      > it as a RAW-printer as it is described in the AddPrinter page on the
      > wiki. Then the Windows driver will be used before sending the data to
      > the Slug, so you won't be able to print from Linux machines.
      >
      > Jochen
      >
      > mongolito_404 schrieb:
      >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I'm trying to use my NSLU2 as a print server with cups using a Samsung
      > > ML1710 USB printer[1]...
    • Tomislav Vujec
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 11 3:23 AM
        On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 19:19 +0000, mongolito_404 wrote:
        > I followed the "Check out" section from [1] and now "make source
        > ghostscript" is running. I hope it would download the sources for
        > ghostscript and put them in the sources/ghostscript dir so I can add
        > gdevgdi.c (from [2]) to it, append gdevgdi-gdi.mak to contrib.mak and
        > Makefile.in as needed to then "make gjostscript" to end with a
        > ghostscript ipkg package with GDI support. I still don't know how to
        > directly install the produced package but it should'nt be that hard ;)

        I've tried that a couple of weeks ago, and managed to compile ghoscript,
        but unfortunately it dumps core when started. I still haven't set up the
        native debug/compile environment to check what's causing the problem.

        Regards,
        --
        Tomislav Vujec
        Manager, Client Development