Trouble unslinging 5.5 to USB Flash

  • terjeromen
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2005
      Hallo!
      Hopefully I'm posting to the right place, as I'm having trouble
      unslinging to a 256MB USB Flash drive.
      I've flashed the Slug w/5.5 firmware and am able to telnet into it and
      type /sbin/unsling, but only get the message "Usage: /sbin/unsling
      disk1|disk2", nothing else.
      I don't know if this is because of using the USB Flash drive and also
      the instructions doesn't seem to be 100% clear wether I should use USB
      port Disk1 or Disk2.
      Any advice highly appreciated!
      Best regards,
      Terje Romen
    • Øyvind Repvik
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2005
        terjeromen wrote:
        > Hallo!
        > Hopefully I'm posting to the right place, as I'm having trouble
        > unslinging to a 256MB USB Flash drive.
        > I've flashed the Slug w/5.5 firmware and am able to telnet into it and
        > type /sbin/unsling, but only get the message "Usage: /sbin/unsling
        > disk1|disk2", nothing else.
        > I don't know if this is because of using the USB Flash drive and also
        > the instructions doesn't seem to be 100% clear wether I should use USB
        > port Disk1 or Disk2.
        > Any advice highly appreciated!
        > Best regards,
        > Terje Romen

        Nope, you're posting to the developers list. nslu2-general is where you
        want your post.

        Mvh,
        Øyvind Repvik