Re: Slug freeze on write load

  • lecuyerarnaud
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2005
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "lecuyerarnaud" <lecuyera@f...> wrote:
      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "mbanditt" <auslands-kv@g...> wrote:
      > > > You're right, i can't reboot the box with the power button, the only
      > > > way is to unplug the power.
      > > >
      > > > How can i diagnose the problem ? Is there some tools to check the
      > > > hardware ?
      > > >
      > > > Thx
      > > >
      > > > Arnaud
      > >
      > > When I had the problem I also asked for help in this group. You can
      > > find all suggestions with the search function.
      > >
      > > However, all of them were software related and thus, finally, did not
      > > help. So at the end, there wasn't many other ideas than that it may be
      > > hardware related, and I exchanged it at my vendor. Now I'm happy!
      > >
      > > What I would do in your case is, first of all, flash it with the
      > > original linksys firmware. Then transfer files via SMB. If you again
      > > experience freezes, I would guess it's hardware related and have it
      > > exchanged.
      > >
      > > Hope this helps,
      > >
      > > Michael
      >
      > Michael
      >
      > This problem firstly happened with the latest linksys FW 2.3R29. It
      > was my first reason (but not the only one) to change the FW with the
      > Unslug one.
      >
      > So I have to contact my vendor.
      >
      > Thx a lot.
      >
      > Arnaud

      My problem fly away when i upgrade my slug with the brand new 2.3R63
      linksys official firmware.

      It is available at the official address, but the name is still 2.3R29

      So i can't use unslug FW untill available on this new FW.

      thx

      Arnaud
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2005
        On 8/2/05, lecuyerarnaud <lecuyera@...> wrote:
        > My problem fly away when i upgrade my slug with the brand new 2.3R63
        > linksys official firmware.
        >
        > It is available at the official address, but the name is still 2.3R29
        >
        > So i can't use unslug FW untill available on this new FW.

        And we can't upgrade Unslung to R63 until the source code is released
        by Linksys.

        -- Rod
      • Daniel_Grandjean
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 4, 2005
          Hello,

          I was wondering if the problem is related to the hardware
          version of the nslu2.

          My first one is rock solid with a 3.18Beta since 3.18Beta.

          The 15june, I got a new nslu2, installed 5.5 and got freeze.
          I've try to clone my old rock solid 3.18 on this new hardware, but alas,
          it freeze too.

          I was suspecting the disk, the network and then the hardware:
          I borrowed today a brand new nslu2 purchased this week, cloned again
          with my rock solid set-up. Freeze again!

          I generate the load by rsync one slug to the other.

          Does anyone got the same experience?
          Does someone know if there is subtle different version of hardware?
          Does someone know how to know the manufacturing date out of
          the serial number?
          OK #SGA004908480
          NotOK #SGA004C13597
          NotOK #SGA004C13601