How your donations are being spent ...

  • rwhitby
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 26 7:43 PM
      I am proud to announce that the very first beneficiary of your kind
      donations will be Jim Buzbee (author of the now-famous "Hacking the
      Linksys NSLU2" series of articles), who is in need of a serial-
      enhancement for his 'slug.

      Lonewolf will send Jim a serial-enhanced unit, and Jim will send back
      is old unit (which will be serial-enhanced and supplied to another
      worthy recipient in the future, or maybe auctioned as a piece of
      NSLU2 history). This will be done at no cost to Jim (and will only
      require the cost of shipping and a serial kit from the donation
      kitty). Jim will not have to go a single day without his 'slug.

      There is no-one who deserves this more than Jim (who's articles have
      increased our membership numbers by 700 people in just three weeks).

      -- Rod
    • Jim Buzbee
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 26 8:01 PM
        On Aug 26, 2004, at 8:43 PM, rwhitby wrote:

        > I am proud to announce that the very first beneficiary of your kind
        > donations will be Jim Buzbee (author of the now-famous "Hacking the
        > Linksys NSLU2" series of articles), who is in need of a serial-
        > enhancement for his 'slug.

        Thanks to everyone who contributed ! I'll make good use of it

        Jim
      • Brian A. Lantz
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 27 3:37 AM
          > I am proud to announce that the very first beneficiary of your kind
          > donations will be Jim Buzbee (author of the now-famous "Hacking the
          > Linksys NSLU2" series of articles), who is in need of a serial-
          > enhancement for his 'slug.

          Before anyone else asks, I've already serial-mod'ed one of my slugs, and
          have two already. No need for one here, tho I appreciate the thought ;-)

          And 'Yes', I have a serial kit for the second one, just haven't mod'ed it
          yet ;-)

          Brian
        • Jim Buzbee
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 11, 2004
            On Aug 26, 2004, at 8:43 PM, rwhitby wrote:

            > I am proud to announce that the very first beneficiary of your kind
            > donations will be Jim Buzbee (author of the now-famous "Hacking the
            > Linksys NSLU2" series of articles), who is in need of a serial-
            > enhancement for his 'slug.

            Just to let everyone know, my serial enhanced unit arrived yesterday. A
            picture is attached. I hope I can use the serial adaptor to assist in
            the effort to develop, boot and burn a custom kernel for this little
            box.

            Thanks again to the contributors!

            Jim