Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: memstick, ipkg and /var/tmp

  • Adrian Day
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1 9:22 AM
      On 1 Aug 2005, at 15:28, √ėyvind Repvik wrote:

      > Is this filed as a bug?

      I don't see that it is a bug. Having /tmp and /var/tmp pointing to
      the ramdisk makes absolute sense for a flash based filesystem.

      Users of such systems may need to be mindful, nothing more, that
      certain applications may benefit from various command-line options.

      At the end of the day, if you 100% must have /tmp & /var/tmp pointing
      to a disked based filesystem, why not dispense with 'memstick' when
      running turnup. I, for one, would rather preserve the life of the
      memory stick and run ipkg with appropriate command line options when
      the absolute need exists - not all of the time.

      --
      AJ