Re: [nslu2-linux] IPKG Permission Denied

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 30, 2005
      On 7/30/05, George Skuse <farkin.bastage@...> wrote:
      > I flashed the firmware and then ran the command to unsling to a fixed
      > hdd (in my case disk1). I did read the install instructions and
      > followed them properly.

      Sigh.

      Firstly, your question belongs in nslu2-general, not nslu2-linux.

      Secondly, when you do ask the question in nslu2-general, you might
      like to include the following information:

      1/ The version of Unslung you are running.

      2/ The exact steps which got you to the point where you are. (Yes, do
      list all the steps exactly, because if you can't run ipkg after
      flashing unslung then it is *very* likely that you have missed the
      final reboot step after running unsling and before running ipkg).

      3/ The output of:

      cat /proc/partitions
      cat /proc/mounts
      df
      mount

      Now please do the right thing and do *not* reply to this post in
      nslu2-linux. Take it to nslu2-general *now*. IF your problem cannot
      be solved on nslu2-general, AND the consensus is that it is a firmware
      issue (i.e. it is reproducable by more than one person), THEN feel
      free to raise a slugbug and discuss it in nslu2-linux.