RE: [nslu2-linux] Re: cpio: was: openslug compilation issue with libgphoto2

  • John Bowler
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29, 2005
      From: Dan Scott
      >makeinfo -I/mnt/data/tmp/work/cpio-2.5-r2/cpio-2.5 cpio.texi
      >make[1]: makeinfo: Command not found
      >make[1]: *** [cpio.info] Error 127
      >make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/data/tmp/work/cpio-2.5-r2/cpio-2.5'

      >I found that makeinfo is part of the texinfo package. It would be
      >helpful if it checked for this dependancy, should I create a bug?

      Yes. That bug has been encountered before too. makeinfo needs to be
      installed on the build system, but I suspect there is a better fix because I
      can't see a good reason for actually generating the info stuff (so fas as I
      know we don't have any support for reading it on OpenSlug).

      John Bowler <jbowler@...>