want to contribute

  • Chuck Urwiler
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2004

      I was seriously considering sending this thing back to Linksys… and then I joined this group yesterday and am very excited about the prospects this device holds!

      I would love to contribute to the coding/development of tools and such for this project, but alas, I make my money working under Windows and .NET and haven’t had much time to get on the Linux bandwagon.

      For someone like me, where would be a good place to start reading to get me a bit up to speed, with an eye towards what this little box has in store? It’s been a long, long time since I’ve worked with any *nix OS (like over 10 years ago back in college) so all of this talk about rc.local files and other *nix specific stuff has me feeling very out of touch.

      Sorry for the long email. I’d like to contribute in the near future if I can…at the very least, I’ll do testing on stuff as long as there’s a safety net for me.

      -Chuck