ipkg-web

  • Marcel Nijenhof
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2005
      Hi,

      I just tried to make an web frontend for ipkg. I know that most people
      here will hate it.

      But i think it may be a good addition for people not used to the linux
      prompt.

      It's just a try out so just help me to make it better so that one day
      it will be possible to install unslung linux and extra packages without
      command prompt.

      Marceln
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 13, 2005
        On 7/14/05, Marcel Nijenhof <nslu2@...> wrote:
        > I just tried to make an web frontend for ipkg. I know that most people
        > here will hate it.
        >
        > But i think it may be a good addition for people not used to the linux
        > prompt.
        >
        > It's just a try out so just help me to make it better so that one day
        > it will be possible to install unslung linux and extra packages without
        > command prompt.

        Can you get it to work with this: http://webtools.wl500g.info ?

        That's currently our #1 candidate for a web interface for Unslung and OpenSlug.

        -- Rod
      • nslu2@pion.xs4all.nl
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 14, 2005
          On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 10:04:16AM +0930, Rod Whitby wrote:

          > > I just tried to make an web frontend for ipkg. I know that most people
          > > here will hate it.
          >
          > Can you get it to work with this: http://webtools.wl500g.info ?

          I just gave it a quick look but i don't think that it's possible
          to integrate it in that project. The setup is completly different
          because in my case it's just a simple standalone shell script and
          not a complete php sollution.

          The webtools migth be a better sollution for most problems so i will
          have a look at it. Still i see some problems an ipkg installer based
          on php. I don't think it will be able to be used as initial installer
          for the system. So i think we need a smaller sollution for initial
          setup.

          In the idial case there are a few webpages/scripts in the image which
          one can use to unsling the slug and use as installer.

          > That's currently our #1 candidate for a web interface
          > for Unslung and OpenSlug.

          I will have a look.

          Marceln
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 14, 2005
            Marceln,

            > The webtools migth be a better sollution for most problems so i will
            > have a look at it. Still i see some problems an ipkg installer based
            > on php. I don't think it will be able to be used as initial installer
            > for the system. So i think we need a smaller sollution for initial
            > setup.

            Fully agree. It would be good to have a ipkg web installer ready and
            waiting immediately after openslug is flashed. If it could do the
            turnup tasks that would be good to.

            If the same ipkg web installer can work for both unslung and openslug,
            then even better ....