Re: TurboSlugs: Adventures in overclocking

  • Mark Hood
    Message 1 of 46 , Jul 12, 2005
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Rod Whitby <list.yahoo@r...>
      wrote:
      > On 7/12/05, Rob Lockhart <rlockhar@g...> wrote:
      > > I would suggest if you can't do this yourself, ask either a
      friend or
      > > someone at a nearby EE hardware lab. You can't use a blunt
      soldering
      > > iron tip to do this without risking possible damage to the pads
      and
      > > corresponding traces.
      >
      > Note that we had a choice between two resistors for this mod, and we
      > chose the one which was safest to remove with a blunt instrument.
      > There are no traces underneath or running parallel to the resistor
      in
      > question, so it would be pretty hard to damage something.

      Thanks Rod, that's good to know. I may end up doing something like
      Jason did with a snipper of some sort.

      The detailed tips from Jeff and Rob are inspiring though and much
      appreciated. I'm going to open up my slug, take a look at the task,
      and see if I'm up for a little desoldering.

      Thanks everybody!

      -- Mark
    • Mark Hood
      Message 46 of 46 , Jul 12, 2005