turboslug

  • hoan
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 12, 2005
      one more turbo'ed with R83 off.-->266Mhz .

      read on database_turboslug:
      "jbowler
      Turboed by R64->R81 (bit pattern 100)"

      could JBowler,or someone ,explains the difference between jbowler's
      modification and the "mainstream R83 off" ?

      thanks
    • John Bowler
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 12, 2005
        From: hoan
        >Turboed by R64->R81 (bit pattern 100)"

        It should be the fifth entry in the 'settings for core clock speed' table.
        I have yet to confirm that I got the resoldering correct. I know I didn't
        short A22 to ground or the slug wouldn't boot, but those resistors are so
        damned small... I will check some time either by reading the config
        register from RedBoot (it's directly readable in RedBoot from the physical
        address space) or by hacking /proc/cpuinfo so that it dumps the config
        register as well.

        John Bowler <jbowler@...>
      • Tommy B
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 12, 2005
          John Bowler wrote:

          >From: hoan
          >

          >>Turboed by R64->R81 (bit pattern 100)"
          >>

          >It should be the fifth entry in the 'settings for core clock speed' table.
          >I have yet to confirm that I got the resoldering correct. I know I didn't
          >short A22 to ground or the slug wouldn't boot, but those resistors are so
          >damned small... I will check some time either by reading the config
          >register from RedBoot (it's directly readable in RedBoot from the physical
          >address space) or by hacking /proc/cpuinfo so that it dumps the config
          >register as well.

          If you get RedBoot to read it out, please share the magic. RedBoot
          locked up when reading the register for me. APEX read it fine though.

          THX.

          >John Bowler <jbowler@...>
          >

          >[ Moderator Note: All new information should be recorded in the Wiki at http://www.nslu2-linux.org ]
          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • John Bowler
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 12, 2005
            From: nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com [mailto:nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com]On
            Behalf Of Tommy B
            >If you get RedBoot to read it out, please share the magic. RedBoot
            >locked up when reading the register for me.

            It works fine if asked for just one 4 byte quantity (the actual command was
            discussed on the #openjtag channel at the time when the first modifications
            were tried - I can't remember the command, I need a redboot prompt/help to
            remind me ;-)

            John Bowler <jbowler@...>
          • hoan
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 12, 2005
              > John Bowler wrote:

              >> On Behalf Of Tommy B
              >>If you get RedBoot to read it out, please share the magic.
              RedBoot
              >>locked up when reading the register for me.

              >It works fine if asked for just one 4 byte quantity (the actual
              >command was
              >discussed on the #openjtag channel at the time when the first
              >modifications
              > were tried - I can't remember the command, I need a redboot
              >prompt/help to
              > remind me ;-)

              this is redboot_help_display ;please detail register_read_cmd ;

              RedBoot> help
              go to assign mode
              assign
              Set/Query the system console baud rate
              baudrate [-b <rate>]
              sercomm boot flow
              boot
              Manage machine caches
              cache [ON | OFF]
              Display/switch console channel
              channel [-1|<channel number>]
              Compute a 32bit checksum [POSIX algorithm] for a range of memory
              cksum -b <location> -l <length>
              Display (hex dump) a range of memory
              dump -b <location> [-l <length>] [-s] [-1|2|4]
              Execute an image - with MMU off
              exec [-w timeout] [-b <load addr> [-l <length>]]
              [-r <ramdisk addr> [-s <ramdisk length>]]
              [-c "kernel command line"] [<entry_point>]
              Manage FLASH images
              fis {cmds}
              Execute code at a location
              go [-w <timeout>] [entry]
              Help about help?
              help [<topic>]
              Set/change IP addresses
              ip_address [-l <local_ip_address>] [-h <server_address>]
              Load a file
              load [-r] [-v] [-d] [-h <host>] [-m <varies>] [-c
              <channel_number>]
              [-b <base_address>] <file_name>
              Compare two blocks of memory
              Fill a block of memory with a pattern
              move kernel&ramdisk to ram
              move
              Network connectivity test
              [-i <IP_addr>] -h <IP_addr>
              Reset the system
              reset
              Set/Read MAC address for NPE ethernet ports
              set_npe_mac [-p <portnum>] [xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx]
              go to upgrade mode
              upgrade
              Display RedBoot version information
              version
              Display (hex dump) a range of memory
              x -b <location> [-l <length>] [-s] [-1|2|4]
            • John Bowler
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 12, 2005
                From: hoan
                >Display (hex dump) a range of memory
                > dump -b <location> [-l <length>] [-s] [-1|2|4]

                dump -b <physical address of register> -l 4 -4

                it might require the -s flag, I can't remember what that does. Also I
                think -l takes a byte count, not a unit count. Try it and see, if the
                screen fills up with stuff and RedBoot stops responding it wasn't the right
                command. There are only a small number of possibilities, one of them works!

                John Bowler <jbowler@...>