RE: [nslu2-linux] Re: TurboSlugs: Adventures in overclocking

  • Rich Garcia
    Message 1 of 46 , Jul 1, 2005
      OK soldering and electronics skills I have..Linux I am lacking. When the rain rolls in tomorow afternoon as it does every day now in the summer I'll modify mine.

      Can anyone tell me the best way to check the speed or frequency of the processor, I would like to do a before and after.

      Rich
      Message 46 of 46 , Jul 12, 2005
        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Rod Whitby <list.yahoo@r...>
        wrote:
        > On 7/12/05, Rob Lockhart <rlockhar@g...> wrote:
        > > I would suggest if you can't do this yourself, ask either a
        friend or
        > > someone at a nearby EE hardware lab. You can't use a blunt
        soldering
        > > iron tip to do this without risking possible damage to the pads
        and
        > > corresponding traces.
        >
        > Note that we had a choice between two resistors for this mod, and we
        > chose the one which was safest to remove with a blunt instrument.
        > There are no traces underneath or running parallel to the resistor
        in
        > question, so it would be pretty hard to damage something.

        Thanks Rod, that's good to know. I may end up doing something like
        Jason did with a snipper of some sort.

        The detailed tips from Jeff and Rob are inspiring though and much
        appreciated. I'm going to open up my slug, take a look at the task,
        and see if I'm up for a little desoldering.

        Thanks everybody!

        -- Mark