Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Problem with openvpn start script

    Message 1 of 29 , Jul 1 2:56 PM
      On 7/2/05, mbanditt <auslands-kv@...> wrote:
      > Btw. many packages that were build in the process are not in the
      > oe-feed. Is there another feed or do I have to compile all packages
      > myself again when there is an update to some of them?

      The packages built by openslug-packages.bb end up in the openslug/oe feed.

      -- Rod
    • mbanditt
      Message 2 of 29 , Jul 3 3:38 AM
        > The packages built by openslug-packages.bb end up in the openslug/oe
        feed.

        > -- Rod

        Not sure that I understand you correctly. After my build had finished
        I found lots of packages in tmp/deploy/ipk that are not in the
        openslug/oe feed. Just to name a few: binutils, crond, openvpn. Can
        they only be installed from self-build packages?

        Cheers,

        Michael

        P.S.: Now on Turboslug :)
      • John Bowler
        Message 3 of 29 , Jul 3 10:44 AM
          From: mbanditt
          >> The packages built by openslug-packages.bb end up in the openslug/oe
          >>feed.
          >>
          >> -- Rod
          >
          >Not sure that I understand you correctly. After my build had finished
          >I found lots of packages in tmp/deploy/ipk that are not in the
          >openslug/oe feed. Just to name a few: binutils, crond, openvpn. Can
          >they only be installed from self-build packages?

          That's correct.

          Look in openembedded/conf/distro.openslug.conf and examine the comments
          around the FEED_URIS lines - add a new FEED_URIs in your local.conf file
          which points to an FTP server for your tmp/deploy/ipk directory. Then you
          will be able to ipkg install anything that can be built. Please update one
          of the OpenSlug source pages explaining how to do this -
          http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/OpenSlug/CustomisingTheBuild is probably a
          good place.

          So far as the standard feed is concerned it is currently not being updated.
          The development team believes everyone would be very sorry if we started
          updating it, because the latest builds from monotone use a *new* glibc.

          In essence what we have is a stable feed locked to OpenSlug 2.0 and what we
          do *not* have is an 'unstable' feed locked to the latest monotone tree.
          Øyvind has made some good suggestions on the channel (#nslu2-linux) about
          what is required - the requirements are greater than for unslung because
          unslung does not change the base libc library.

          John Bowler <jbowler@...>
        • mbanditt
          Message 4 of 29 , Jul 4 1:37 AM

            > unslung openvpn is broken. openslug openvpn works, for the time being.

            openslug openvpn is broken as well (get the same test-crypto error as
            with unslung openvpn) :(

            Michael
          • Øyvind Repvik
            Message 5 of 29 , Jul 4 1:41 AM
              mbanditt wrote:
              >>unslung openvpn is broken. openslug openvpn works, for the time being.
              >

              > openslug openvpn is broken as well (get the same test-crypto error as
              > with unslung openvpn) :(

              It's fixed in unstable (ie, the monotone repo). To fix openvpn, edit
              openembedded/packages/openvpn/openvpn-2.0.bb and add this line before
              "inherit autotools":

              CFLAGS += "-fno-inline"

              then clean out and rebuild.
              This will make the bug go away ;-)

              Øyvind
            • Mathieu Monney
              Message 6 of 29 , Jul 4 2:06 AM
                Hi everybody !
                I would like to know if someone has put his slug in his case when it is
                overclocked ! Because I am afraid of the heating of this CPU... I am
                asking me if it is reasonable to put the slug in his case when it is
                overclocked...?
                Sorry or my approximativ english ;-) !

                Mathieu
              • Øyvind Repvik
                Message 7 of 29 , Jul 4 2:11 AM
                  Mathieu Monney wrote:
                  > Hi everybody !
                  > I would like to know if someone has put his slug in his case when it is
                  > overclocked ! Because I am afraid of the heating of this CPU... I am
                  > asking me if it is reasonable to put the slug in his case when it is
                  > overclocked...?
                  > Sorry or my approximativ english ;-) !
                  >
                  > Mathieu
                  Yes, I have been running it inside the case for a couple of days now.
                  The difference from the original is hardly noticeable.

                  Øyvind
                • mbanditt
                  Message 8 of 29 , Jul 4 5:03 AM
                    > It's fixed in unstable (ie, the monotone repo). To fix openvpn,
                    edit
                    > openembedded/packages/openvpn/openvpn-2.0.bb and add this line
                    before
                    > "inherit autotools":
                    >
                    > CFLAGS += "-fno-inline"
                    >
                    > then clean out and rebuild.
                    > This will make the bug go away ;-)
                    >
                    > Øyvind

                    Thanks! I am learning, slowly but steadily. I have been looking for a
                    possibility to somehow add this option (as it was mentioned in
                    slugbug), but didn't know the exact command (CFLAGS).

                    Is there somewhere a kind of tutorial to bitbake? I've been
                    unsuccessfully searching for it quite a while now :(

                    And I also would like to port some apps from unslung to openslug. Some
                    seem to be simple to port (e.g. nano or imagemagick, the latter I need
                    for some automated webcam downloads and converts). I guess in several
                    cases it's mostly changing the install path. However, I have no idea
                    where to download e.g. the bitbake imagemagick.bb, libjpeg.bb,
                    libpng.bb etc. files and include them in the bitbake tree. Would this
                    be the right way?

                    Thanks again

                    Michael
                  • yahpn
                    Message 9 of 29 , Jul 4 7:41 AM
                      I also have been running at 233 MHz inside the case with the case in
                      the vertical position. The case never felt too hot so I doubt the
                      following is necessary, but I thought it might be hotter than it needs
                      to be since there were no holes on top. So, I drilled some, and while
                      I was at it, I made the pin holes on the component side of the side
                      case wider.

                      I made some holes wide enough to allow me to insert the thermocouple
                      from my multimeter. The measurements show no temperature problems at
                      all. Ambient temperatures in a couple of places inside the case and
                      even the IXP420 case temperature (harder to measure) itself are in the
                      40 - 49 C range. According to the datasheet ambient is allowed to be
                      as high as 70 C.