Re: [nslu2-linux] Sane and scanner support, libusb working

  • David Karlström
    Message 1 of 34 , Jul 1, 2005
      On Fr, 2005-07-01, 13:00, David Karlström skrev:
      > My prevous subject-line was a bit wrong. libusb works, saned works, but
      > the images gets nice color vertical lines all over, and the image looks
      > black and white. I'll keep playing with it.

      Ok, I've looked a bit at it. Here is what I get:

      http://david.thg.se/saker/libusb/sane/tmp2.jpg

      I get the same thing from both scanimage and from saned.

      Everybody keeps saying alignment problems (probably expects 24 bit and
      gets 32 bits), but I still don't know what to do.

      Does anyone know anything about the SANE internals (allan?).

      Does anybody else want to get their scanner working under openslug, and
      has a usb scanner with another backend than plustek?

      Does anybody have any idea at all?

      /David
    • John Bowler
      Message 34 of 34 , Jul 5, 2005
        From: m. allan noah
        >david/jbowler-
        >
        >should i try to get this pushed upstream? is there a better way to wrap it
        >so that it wont cause issues for other compilers?

        The comment about doing it properly (peteru?) is valid - all uses of AnyPtr
        should be rewritten to use simple byte pointers...

        The fix I gave is GCC specific - indeed at least part of the need for it is
        GCC-ARM specific (GCC has a half-baked implementation of packed/alignment
        specification on ARM). It should be protected by checking for GCC (#if
        __GCC__?) and the macros (PACKED8, PACKED16) set to empty otherwise. Then
        it is safe and probably appropriate to all platforms if the plustek
        maintainer doesn't want to rewrite the code...

        John Bowler <jbowler@...>