Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: TurboSlugs: Adventures in overclocking

    Message 1 of 46 , Jul 1, 2005
      On 01 Jul 2005 21:34:51 +0200, Steinar Midtskogen <steinar@...> wrote:
      > Ok, I'm convinced. Off the resistor went. And I now see 263
      > Bogomips!

      Did you update the database at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux/database?method=reportRows&tbl=11&sortBy=1&sortDir=down&start_at=20

      We would appreciate if everyone who removes R83 please add an entry to
      that table.

      -- Rod
    • Mark Hood
      Message 46 of 46 , Jul 12, 2005
        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Rod Whitby <list.yahoo@r...>
        wrote:
        > On 7/12/05, Rob Lockhart <rlockhar@g...> wrote:
        > > I would suggest if you can't do this yourself, ask either a
        friend or
        > > someone at a nearby EE hardware lab. You can't use a blunt
        soldering
        > > iron tip to do this without risking possible damage to the pads
        and
        > > corresponding traces.
        >
        > Note that we had a choice between two resistors for this mod, and we
        > chose the one which was safest to remove with a blunt instrument.
        > There are no traces underneath or running parallel to the resistor
        in
        > question, so it would be pretty hard to damage something.

        Thanks Rod, that's good to know. I may end up doing something like
        Jason did with a snipper of some sort.

        The detailed tips from Jeff and Rob are inspiring though and much
        appreciated. I'm going to open up my slug, take a look at the task,
        and see if I'm up for a little desoldering.

        Thanks everybody!

        -- Mark