Re: TurboSlugs: Adventures in overclocking

  • Matthias Thomae
    Message 1 of 46 , Jul 1, 2005
      linuxjacques wrote:
      > In the last 24 hours, we have discovered this suspicion to be true,
      > as well as a way to modify the slug for true 266MHz core speed.

      Congratulations!

      Does the power consumption change significantly, especially with idle CPU?
    • Mark Hood
      Message 46 of 46 , Jul 12, 2005
        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Rod Whitby <list.yahoo@r...>
        wrote:
        > On 7/12/05, Rob Lockhart <rlockhar@g...> wrote:
        > > I would suggest if you can't do this yourself, ask either a
        friend or
        > > someone at a nearby EE hardware lab. You can't use a blunt
        soldering
        > > iron tip to do this without risking possible damage to the pads
        and
        > > corresponding traces.
        >
        > Note that we had a choice between two resistors for this mod, and we
        > chose the one which was safest to remove with a blunt instrument.
        > There are no traces underneath or running parallel to the resistor
        in
        > question, so it would be pretty hard to damage something.

        Thanks Rod, that's good to know. I may end up doing something like
        Jason did with a snipper of some sort.

        The detailed tips from Jeff and Rob are inspiring though and much
        appreciated. I'm going to open up my slug, take a look at the task,
        and see if I'm up for a little desoldering.

        Thanks everybody!

        -- Mark