IPKG update and dialup

  • deckjust
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2005
      First apologies if this is elsewhere, but I can't find anything that
      relates to update issues and doesn't assume a router etc.

      So, I have dialup (just temp it's ok!) and I have unslung with the
      latest version no probs. Now when I update IPKG it tries to download
      but fails in the common way. I assume this could be a DNS problem, so
      have tried giving the NSLU2 the DNS of the (unconnected to WAN) router
      I am currently using as a switch and that of the dialup ISP but
      neither helps.

      Can anyone tell me if there is anything particular to dialup that I
      need to look at, so close to getting FTP on my NSLU2 and yet so far.