Re: Problem with openvpn start script

  • mbanditt
    Message 1 of 29 , Jul 1 4:01 AM
      > atftp seems to be broken at the moment. I moved it to
      BROKEN_PACKAGES.
      > If you do a monotone pull (in the openembedded directory) you should
      get
      > the change.
      >
      > Øyvind

      Thanks for your help, Øyvind. I'm sorry, feeling very dumb. As I
      said
      before, I don't know anything about monotone, bitbake and bitkeeper.

      Tried, what you said:

      # cd openembedded
      # monotone pull
      monotone: warning: doing anonymous pull
      monotone: connecting to monotone.nslu2-linux.org
      monotone: rebuilding merkle trees for collection org
      monotone: including branch org.openembedded.dev
      monotone: including branch org.openembedded.nslu2-linux
      monotone: including branch org.nslu2-linux.dev
      monotone: [certs: 114] [keys: 7]
      monotone: [bytes in: 6453] [bytes out: 1393] [certs in: 9] [revs in:
      3]
      monotone: verifying new revisions (this may take a while)
      monotone: successful exchange with monotone.nslu2-linux.org
      monotone: [bytes in: 6453] [bytes out: 1407] [certs in: 9] [revs in:
      3]

      Then started the build again:
      # cd ..
      # make openslug-build
      ( cd openslug ; make )
      make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/test/nslu2/openslug'
      ( source setup-env ; bitbake openslug-packages )
      Environment set up for OpenSlug development.
      NOTE: Using cache in '/opt/test/nslu2/openslug/tmp/cache'
      NOTE: Parsing finished. 538 cached, 0 parsed, 25 skipped, 0 masked.
      NOTE: build 200507011251: started

      OE Build Configuration:
      TARGET_ARCH = "armeb"
      TARGET_OS = "linux"
      MACHINE = "nslu2"
      DISTRO = "openslug"
      TARGET_FPU = "soft"

      NOTE: package openslug-image-1.0: started
      NOTE: package openslug-image-1.0-r13: task do_fetch: started
      NOTE: package openslug-image-1.0-r13: task do_fetch: completed
      NOTE: package openslug-image-1.0-r13: task do_rootfs: started
      NOTE: package openslug-image-1.0-r13: task do_rootfs: completed
      NOTE: package openslug-image-1.0-r13: task do_build: started
      NOTE: package openslug-image-1.0-r13: task do_build: completed
      NOTE: package openslug-image-1.0: completed
      NOTE: package atftp-0.7: started
      NOTE: package atftp-0.7-r1: task do_fetch: started
      NOTE: package atftp-0.7-r1: task do_fetch: completed
      NOTE: package atftp-0.7-r1: task do_compile: started
      ERROR: function do_compile failed
      ERROR: see log in
      /opt/test/nslu2/openslug/tmp/work/atftp-0.7-r1/tem
      p/log.do_compile.25097
      NOTE: Task failed:
      /opt/test/nslu2/openslug/tmp/work/atftp-0.7-r1/tem
      p/log.do_compile.25097
      NOTE: package atftp-0.7-r1: task do_compile: failed
      ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting
      NOTE: package atftp-0.7: failed
      ERROR: Build of openslug-packages failed
      make[1]: *** [openslug-firmware] Fehler 1
      make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/test/nslu2/openslug'
      make: *** [openslug-build] Fehler 2

      Do I need to delete some files in the cache, perhaps? Or should I
      remove the whole cache and start the build all over again?

      Michael
      Message 2 of 29 , Jul 1 4:05 AM
        On 7/1/05, mbanditt <auslands-kv@...> wrote:
        > First there were three wget errors, all from oesources:

        Ignore those. It's just trying to save you time by checking if it's
        on oesources first before trying to get it from the original CVS
        location.

        > The build, however, continued. It broke finally after 1,5 hours with
        > the following message:
        > NOTE: package atftp-0.7-r1: task do_compile: started
        > ERROR: function do_compile failed
        > In file included from tftp.c:43:
        > argz.h:184: error: parse error before '{' token

        Known problem. Unknown solution at the moment. Note that the
        firmware image has been built if you got that far, and you can build
        other packages individually if you need to.

        -- Rod
      • Øyvind Repvik
        Message 3 of 29 , Jul 1 4:20 AM
          mbanditt wrote:

          > Do I need to delete some files in the cache, perhaps? Or should I
          > remove the whole cache and start the build all over again?

          My bad. Enter the openslug directory, then "source setup-env" and
          "bitbake -cclean atftp" to clean out the atftp build dir and stamps.
          Then you can try again.

          Øyvind :)
          Message 4 of 29 , Jul 1 4:36 AM
            On 7/1/05, mbanditt <auslands-kv@...> wrote:
            > Thanks for your help, Øyvind. I'm sorry, feeling very dumb. As I
            > said before, I don't know anything about monotone, bitbake and bitkeeper.

            make update
            make openslug-build

            -- Rod
          • mbanditt
            Message 5 of 29 , Jul 1 1:30 PM

              > make update
              > make openslug-build
              >
              > -- Rod

              Thanks, that one worked. It took another 3 hours to build but now my
              slug is running on openslug. :-)

              Next steps are:
              - Reduce read/write access to the disk (in order to allow spin down)
              by mounting /var/log and /var/run on ramfs.
              - Exchange dropbear with openssh (as I can't seem to get dropbear to
              reject password-authentication)
              - Install nfs, xinetd, openvpn, crond and some webserver.
              - Experiment with cups and sane (with my HP Officejet)
              - Experiment with home automation :-)

              Btw. many packages that were build in the process are not in the
              oe-feed. Is there another feed or do I have to compile all packages
              myself again when there is an update to some of them?

              Thanks for all your help

              Michael
              Message 6 of 29 , Jul 1 2:56 PM
                On 7/2/05, mbanditt <auslands-kv@...> wrote:
                > Btw. many packages that were build in the process are not in the
                > oe-feed. Is there another feed or do I have to compile all packages
                > myself again when there is an update to some of them?

                The packages built by openslug-packages.bb end up in the openslug/oe feed.

                -- Rod
              • mbanditt
                Message 7 of 29 , Jul 3 3:38 AM
                  > The packages built by openslug-packages.bb end up in the openslug/oe
                  feed.

                  > -- Rod

                  Not sure that I understand you correctly. After my build had finished
                  I found lots of packages in tmp/deploy/ipk that are not in the
                  openslug/oe feed. Just to name a few: binutils, crond, openvpn. Can
                  they only be installed from self-build packages?

                  Cheers,

                  Michael

                  P.S.: Now on Turboslug :)
                • John Bowler
                  Message 8 of 29 , Jul 3 10:44 AM
                    From: mbanditt
                    >> The packages built by openslug-packages.bb end up in the openslug/oe
                    >>feed.
                    >>
                    >> -- Rod
                    >
                    >Not sure that I understand you correctly. After my build had finished
                    >I found lots of packages in tmp/deploy/ipk that are not in the
                    >openslug/oe feed. Just to name a few: binutils, crond, openvpn. Can
                    >they only be installed from self-build packages?

                    That's correct.

                    Look in openembedded/conf/distro.openslug.conf and examine the comments
                    around the FEED_URIS lines - add a new FEED_URIs in your local.conf file
                    which points to an FTP server for your tmp/deploy/ipk directory. Then you
                    will be able to ipkg install anything that can be built. Please update one
                    of the OpenSlug source pages explaining how to do this -
                    http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/OpenSlug/CustomisingTheBuild is probably a
                    good place.

                    So far as the standard feed is concerned it is currently not being updated.
                    The development team believes everyone would be very sorry if we started
                    updating it, because the latest builds from monotone use a *new* glibc.

                    In essence what we have is a stable feed locked to OpenSlug 2.0 and what we
                    do *not* have is an 'unstable' feed locked to the latest monotone tree.
                    Øyvind has made some good suggestions on the channel (#nslu2-linux) about
                    what is required - the requirements are greater than for unslung because
                    unslung does not change the base libc library.

                    John Bowler <jbowler@...>
                  • mbanditt
                    Message 9 of 29 , Jul 4 1:37 AM

                      > unslung openvpn is broken. openslug openvpn works, for the time being.

                      openslug openvpn is broken as well (get the same test-crypto error as
                      with unslung openvpn) :(

                      Michael
                    • Øyvind Repvik
                      Message 10 of 29 , Jul 4 1:41 AM
                        mbanditt wrote:
                        >>unslung openvpn is broken. openslug openvpn works, for the time being.
                        >

                        > openslug openvpn is broken as well (get the same test-crypto error as
                        > with unslung openvpn) :(

                        It's fixed in unstable (ie, the monotone repo). To fix openvpn, edit
                        openembedded/packages/openvpn/openvpn-2.0.bb and add this line before
                        "inherit autotools":

                        CFLAGS += "-fno-inline"

                        then clean out and rebuild.
                        This will make the bug go away ;-)

                        Øyvind
                      • Mathieu Monney
                        Message 11 of 29 , Jul 4 2:06 AM
                          Hi everybody !
                          I would like to know if someone has put his slug in his case when it is
                          overclocked ! Because I am afraid of the heating of this CPU... I am
                          asking me if it is reasonable to put the slug in his case when it is
                          overclocked...?
                          Sorry or my approximativ english ;-) !

                          Mathieu
                        • Øyvind Repvik
                          Message 12 of 29 , Jul 4 2:11 AM
                            Mathieu Monney wrote:
                            > Hi everybody !
                            > I would like to know if someone has put his slug in his case when it is
                            > overclocked ! Because I am afraid of the heating of this CPU... I am
                            > asking me if it is reasonable to put the slug in his case when it is
                            > overclocked...?
                            > Sorry or my approximativ english ;-) !
                            >
                            > Mathieu
                            Yes, I have been running it inside the case for a couple of days now.
                            The difference from the original is hardly noticeable.

                            Øyvind
                          • mbanditt
                            Message 13 of 29 , Jul 4 5:03 AM
                              > It's fixed in unstable (ie, the monotone repo). To fix openvpn,
                              edit
                              > openembedded/packages/openvpn/openvpn-2.0.bb and add this line
                              before
                              > "inherit autotools":
                              >
                              > CFLAGS += "-fno-inline"
                              >
                              > then clean out and rebuild.
                              > This will make the bug go away ;-)
                              >
                              > Øyvind

                              Thanks! I am learning, slowly but steadily. I have been looking for a
                              possibility to somehow add this option (as it was mentioned in
                              slugbug), but didn't know the exact command (CFLAGS).

                              Is there somewhere a kind of tutorial to bitbake? I've been
                              unsuccessfully searching for it quite a while now :(

                              And I also would like to port some apps from unslung to openslug. Some
                              seem to be simple to port (e.g. nano or imagemagick, the latter I need
                              for some automated webcam downloads and converts). I guess in several
                              cases it's mostly changing the install path. However, I have no idea
                              where to download e.g. the bitbake imagemagick.bb, libjpeg.bb,
                              libpng.bb etc. files and include them in the bitbake tree. Would this
                              be the right way?

                              Thanks again

                              Michael
                            • yahpn
                              Message 14 of 29 , Jul 4 7:41 AM
                                I also have been running at 233 MHz inside the case with the case in
                                the vertical position. The case never felt too hot so I doubt the
                                following is necessary, but I thought it might be hotter than it needs
                                to be since there were no holes on top. So, I drilled some, and while
                                I was at it, I made the pin holes on the component side of the side
                                case wider.

                                I made some holes wide enough to allow me to insert the thermocouple
                                from my multimeter. The measurements show no temperature problems at
                                all. Ambient temperatures in a couple of places inside the case and
                                even the IXP420 case temperature (harder to measure) itself are in the
                                40 - 49 C range. According to the datasheet ambient is allowed to be
                                as high as 70 C.