Re: verifying rootfs on hard drive

  • tonymy01
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 1, 2005
      Well, I overclocked my slug tonight and got exactly the same problem
      when restarting it!
      I looked at the "dmesg" output (or /var/log/messages) after it
      finally rebooted (takes 4mins or so like this, and I had to enable
      telnet with the Management/telnet.cgi page) and noticed that it was
      complaining a about the length of time since the last time a file
      system check was run on the HDD.
      So I
      umount /dev/sda1
      umount /dev/sda2
      and then
      e2fsck /dev/sda1
      e2fsck /dev/sda2
      and even though it didn't find any problems, I rebooted again (as
      the .sda2root pivot was in the flash root and HDD conf root
      filesystem, so should have worked fine) it rebooted fine after that
      (and I did try rebooting twice prior to the fsck, so I don't think
      it was a case of "2nd reboot sorted it all out"...)
      Regards
      Tony

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "dryades_1" <dryades_1@y...>
      wrote:
      > i have the same prolbem! i reflashed also several times, first time
      > from original linksys firmware, afterwards with upslug, but still
      it
      > doesn't want to mount root fs on sda1 !
      > i checked the /linurc and saw that there are some "echo.." lines,
      but
      > where is it writing it ??
      >
      > i also tried to increase cnt in linuxrc to 600, but didn't help !
      >
      > my mount output also looks like this:
      >
      > # mount
      > /dev/mtdblock4 on / type jffs2 (rw)
      > /proc on /proc type proc (rw)
      > usbdevfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw)
      > /dev/sda1 on /share/hdd/data type ext3 (rw)
      > /dev/sda2 on /share/hdd/conf type ext3 (rw,sync)
    • dryades_1
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 4, 2005
        i got it to work! see my post here:

        as i am not at home i can't post now all details, but if interested i
        can post in the evening my all changes in linuxrc, so erverybody check
        the output on his nslu.