Re: [nslu2-linux] Sane and scanner support

  • David Karlström
    Message 1 of 34 , Jun 30, 2005
      These are from yesterday, using sane 1.0.15.

      http://david.thg.se/saker/strace-sane-working (from my x86 debian unstable)

      http://david.thg.se/saker/strace-sane-nslu2

      /David

    • John Bowler
      Message 34 of 34 , Jul 5 10:52 PM
        From: m. allan noah
        >david/jbowler-
        >
        >should i try to get this pushed upstream? is there a better way to wrap it
        >so that it wont cause issues for other compilers?

        The comment about doing it properly (peteru?) is valid - all uses of AnyPtr
        should be rewritten to use simple byte pointers...

        The fix I gave is GCC specific - indeed at least part of the need for it is
        GCC-ARM specific (GCC has a half-baked implementation of packed/alignment
        specification on ARM). It should be protected by checking for GCC (#if
        __GCC__?) and the macros (PACKED8, PACKED16) set to empty otherwise. Then
        it is safe and probably appropriate to all platforms if the plustek
        maintainer doesn't want to rewrite the code...

        John Bowler <jbowler@...>