Re: Problem with openvpn start script

  • Øyvind Repvik
    Message 1 of 29 , Jun 30, 2005
      mbanditt wrote:
      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Øyvind Repvik <oyvind@r...>
      > wrote:
      >
      >>unslung openvpn is broken. openslug openvpn works, for the time
      >
      > being.
      >
      > I guess openslug openvn can only be used on openslug and not on
      > unslung, right? Or is there a way to install the openslug openvpn
      > package on onslung?
      >
      > Btw. in general I'm quite interested in using openslug, as I don't
      > need the linksys apps. However, I like to have a (more or less simple)
      > development solution, so that I can compile simple programs on my own.
      > With unslung it is quite easy to install the native development chain.
      > With openslug it seems rather complicated as one first has to setup a
      > cross-compile enviroment using bitbake and bitkeeper (which I have got
      > no experience with).
      >
      > Anybody knows, if there will be a simpler solution in the future?

      There is a simple solution under way. In the meantime, you can use this
      guide:
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/OpenSlugNativeCompileEnvironment

      Øyvind
    • mbanditt
      Message 2 of 29 , Jun 30, 2005
        > There is a simple solution under way. In the meantime, you can use
        this
        > guide:
        > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/OpenSlugNa
        tiveCompileEnvironment

        > Øyvind

        If a simple solution is under way, that would be great. Maybe similar
        to the Unslung native compile environment?

        I have looked through the guide you mentioned. If I understand it
        correctly, one needs to have a working cross development environment
        beforehand. And that needs an understanding of the whole bit bake and
        bit keeper environments, which I've got no knowledge about at all.

        So, I'm looking forward to the simple solution under way.

        Thanks

        Michael
      • Øyvind Repvik
        Message 3 of 29 , Jun 30, 2005
          mbanditt wrote:

          >>There is a simple solution under way. In the meantime, you can use
          >
          > this
          >
          >>guide:
          >>http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/OpenSlugNa
          >
          > tiveCompileEnvironment
          >
          >>Øyvind
          >

          > If a simple solution is under way, that would be great. Maybe similar
          > to the Unslung native compile environment?

          We're planning something like "ipkg install native-development". Or
          something not far from that.

          > I have looked through the guide you mentioned. If I understand it
          > correctly, one needs to have a working cross development environment
          > beforehand. And that needs an understanding of the whole bit bake and
          > bit keeper environments, which I've got no knowledge about at all.

          What you need to know is this:

          mkdir nslu2 ; cd nslu2 ; wget http://www.nslu2-linux.org/Makefile ; make
          openslug-build
          That will build the firmware and the packages for you. Then you flash
          the firmware the usual way, and follow the last guide I sent you.

          > So, I'm looking forward to the simple solution under way.
          It may take a while.. ;-)

          Øyvind
        • mbanditt
          Message 4 of 29 , Jun 30, 2005
            > We're planning something like "ipkg install native-development". Or
            > something not far from that.

            That sounds perfect!

            > What you need to know is this:
            >
            > mkdir nslu2 ; cd nslu2 ; wget http://www.nslu2-linux.org/Makefile ;
            make
            > openslug-build
            > That will build the firmware and the packages for you. Then you
            flash
            > the firmware the usual way, and follow the last guide I sent you.

            Well, this sounds much easier than I expected from studying the
            bitbake and bitkeeper home pages!!

            I'll give it a try!

            > > So, I'm looking forward to the simple solution under way.
            > It may take a while.. ;-)

            Well, if the other solution works, then this perfectly suffices for
            the time being.

            Thanks for the help!

            Michael
            Message 5 of 29 , Jun 30, 2005
              On 7/1/05, Øyvind Repvik <oyvind@...> wrote:
              > What you need to know is this:
              >
              > mkdir nslu2 ; cd nslu2 ; wget
              > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/Makefile ; make
              > openslug-build

              The official stanza is:

              mkdir /home/slug
              cd /home/slug
              wget http://www.nslu2-linux.org/Makefile
              make

              (the doco will assume you have done it in /home/slug, so please
              advertise it as such)

              That will build almost everything to do with the nslu2-linux project.

              You will need certain required software installed before you do the
              above, but that is still being documented.

              -- Rod
            • mbanditt
              Message 6 of 29 , Jul 1 2:55 AM
                > The official stanza is:
                >
                > mkdir /home/slug
                > cd /home/slug
                > wget http://www.nslu2-linux.org/Makefile
                > make
                >
                > (the doco will assume you have done it in /home/slug, so please
                > advertise it as such)
                >
                > That will build almost everything to do with the nslu2-linux
                project.

                > You will need certain required software installed before you do the
                > above, but that is still being documented.
                >
                > -- Rod

                Thanks, I'm building right now (already running for more than an
                hour..).

                I'm, however, using /opt/nslu2 as the directory. Hope that doesn't
                matter, does it?

                I had to go through the following steps to make it work (well, as far
                as I've got now):

                # apt-get install monotone
                # apt-get install emacs21 (it seems I had a stripped down
                version installed)
                # mkdir /opt/nslu2 (as I said above)
                # cd /opt/nslu2
                # wget http://www.nslu2-linux.org/Makefile
                # make setup (important, otherwise nothing works)
                # make openslug-build

                There was one error message so far:
                NOTE: fetch
                http://www.oesources.org/source/current/familiar.d
                ist.ipkg_cvs.handhelds.org_V0-99-151_.tar.gz
                --10:33:20--
                http://www.oesources.org/source/current/familiar.d
                ist.ipkg_cvs.handhelds.org_V0-99-151_.tar.gz
                =>
                `/opt/test/nslu2/openslug/downloads/familiar.dist.
                ipkg_cvs.handhelds.org_V0-99-151_.tar.gz'
                Resolving www.oesources.org... 192.216.230.225
                Connecting to www.oesources.org[192.216.230.225]:80...
                connected.
                10:33:21 ERROR 404: Not Found.

                The build continued, nonetheless. Does this one matter?

                Cheers,

                Michael
              • mbanditt
                Message 7 of 29 , Jul 1 3:21 AM
                  O.k. following up on my own post. The build finally failed. The
                  following error messages occurred over the whole build:

                  First there were three wget errors, all from oesources:

                  NOTE: fetch
                  http://www.oesources.org/source/current/familiar.d
                  ist.ipkg_cvs.handhelds.org_V0-99-151_.tar.gz
                  --10:33:20--
                  http://www.oesources.org/source/current/familiar.d
                  ist.ipkg_cvs.handhelds.org_V0-99-151_.tar.gz
                  =>
                  `/opt/test/nslu2/openslug/downloads/familiar.dist.
                  ipkg_cvs.handhelds.org_V0-99-151_.tar.gz'
                  Resolving www.oesources.org... 192.216.230.225
                  Connecting to
                  www.oesources.org[192.216.230.225]:80... connected.
                  10:33:21 ERROR 404: Not Found.

                  NOTE: fetch
                  http://www.oesources.org/source/current/upslug_cvs.sourceforge.net_U
                  PSLUG_1_0_.tar.gz
                  --12:06:40--
                  http://www.oesources.org/source/current/upslug_cvs.sourceforge.net
                  _UPSLUG_1_0_.tar.gz
                  =>
                  `/opt/test/nslu2/openslug/downloads/upslug_cvs.sourceforge.net_UPS
                  LUG_1_0_.tar.gz'
                  Resolving www.oesources.org... 192.216.230.225
                  Connecting to www.oesources.org[192.216.230.225]:80...
                  connected. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404
                  Not Found
                  12:06:41 ERROR 404: Not Found.

                  NOTE: fetch
                  http://www.oesources.org/source/current/slugimage_
                  cvs.sourceforge.net_SLUGIMAGE_3_2_.tar.gz
                  --12:07:44--
                  http://www.oesources.org/source/current/slugimage_
                  cvs.sourceforge.net_SLUGIMAGE_3_2_.tar.gz
                  =>
                  `/opt/test/nslu2/openslug/downloads/slugimage_cvs.
                  sourceforge.net_SLUGIMAGE_3_2_.tar.gz'
                  Resolving www.oesources.org... 192.216.230.225
                  Connecting to www.oesources.org[192.216.230.225]:80...
                  connected.
                  12:07:45 ERROR 404: Not Found.

                  The build, however, continued. It broke finally after 1,5 hours with
                  the following message:

                  NOTE: package atftp-0.7-r1: task do_unpack: completed
                  NOTE: package atftp-0.7-r1: task do_patch: started
                  NOTE: package atftp-0.7-r1: task do_patch: completed
                  NOTE: package atftp-0.7-r1: task do_configure: started
                  NOTE: package atftp-0.7-r1: task do_configure: completed
                  NOTE: package atftp-0.7-r1: task do_compile: started
                  ERROR: function do_compile failed
                  ERROR: see log in
                  /opt/test/nslu2/openslug/tmp/work/atftp-0.7-r1/tem
                  p/log.do_compile.28954
                  NOTE: Task failed:
                  /opt/test/nslu2/openslug/tmp/work/atftp-0.7-r1/tem
                  p/log.do_compile.28954
                  NOTE: package atftp-0.7-r1: task do_compile: failed
                  ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting
                  NOTE: package atftp-0.7: failed
                  ERROR: Build of openslug-packages failed
                  make[1]: *** [openslug-firmware] Fehler 1
                  make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/test/nslu2/openslug'
                  make: *** [openslug-build] Fehler 2

                  And the compile log states:

                  NOTE: make
                  make[2]: Entering directory
                  `/opt/test/nslu2/openslug/tmp/work/atftp-0.7-r1/atf$
                  cd /opt/test/nslu2/openslug/tmp/work/atftp-0.7-r1/atftp-0.7 && /bin/sh
                  /opt/tes$
                  rm -f stamp-h1
                  touch /opt/test/nslu2/openslug/tmp/work/atftp-0.7-
                  r1/atftp-0.7/config.h.in
                  cd . && /bin/sh ./config.status config.h
                  config.status: creating config.h
                  config.status: config.h is unchanged
                  make all-recursive
                  make[3]: Entering directory
                  `/opt/test/nslu2/openslug/tmp/work/atftp-0.7-r1/atf$
                  Making all in .
                  make[4]: Entering directory
                  `/opt/test/nslu2/openslug/tmp/work/atftp-0.7-r1/atf$
                  if armeb-linux-gcc -march=armv5te -mtune=xscale -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.
                  -I/opt/test$
                  then mv -f ".deps/tftp.Tpo" ".deps/tftp.Po"; else rm -f
                  ".deps/tftp.Tpo"; exit $
                  In file included from tftp.c:43:
                  argz.h:184: error: parse error before '{' token
                  argz.h:198: error: parse error before '{' token
                  make[4]: *** [tftp.o] Error 1
                  make[4]: Leaving directory
                  `/opt/test/nslu2/openslug/tmp/work/atftp-0.7-r1/atft$
                  make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
                  make[3]: Leaving directory
                  `/opt/test/nslu2/openslug/tmp/work/atftp-0.7-r1/atft$
                  make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
                  FATAL: oe_runmake failed

                  Any idea?

                  Michael
                • Øyvind Repvik
                  Message 8 of 29 , Jul 1 3:46 AM
                    mbanditt wrote:
> [...]
                    >
                    > NOTE: package atftp-0.7-r1: task do_unpack: completed
                    > NOTE: package atftp-0.7-r1: task do_patch: started
                    > NOTE: package atftp-0.7-r1: task do_patch: completed
                    > NOTE: package atftp-0.7-r1: task do_configure: started
                    > NOTE: package atftp-0.7-r1: task do_configure: completed
                    > NOTE: package atftp-0.7-r1: task do_compile: started
                    > ERROR: function do_compile failed
                    > ERROR: see log in
                    > /opt/test/nslu2/openslug/tmp/work/atftp-0.7-r1/tem
                    > p/log.do_compile.28954
                    > NOTE: Task failed:
                    > /opt/test/nslu2/openslug/tmp/work/atftp-0.7-r1/tem
                    > p/log.do_compile.28954
                    > NOTE: package atftp-0.7-r1: task do_compile: failed
                    > ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting
                    > NOTE: package atftp-0.7: failed
                    > ERROR: Build of openslug-packages failed
                    > make[1]: *** [openslug-firmware] Fehler 1
                    > make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/test/nslu2/openslug'

                    atftp seems to be broken at the moment. I moved it to BROKEN_PACKAGES.
                    If you do a monotone pull (in the openembedded directory) you should get
                    the change.

                    Øyvind
                  • mbanditt
                    Message 9 of 29 , Jul 1 4:01 AM
                      > atftp seems to be broken at the moment. I moved it to
                      BROKEN_PACKAGES.
                      > If you do a monotone pull (in the openembedded directory) you should
                      get
                      > the change.
                      >
                      > Øyvind

                      Thanks for your help, Øyvind. I'm sorry, feeling very dumb. As I
                      said
                      before, I don't know anything about monotone, bitbake and bitkeeper.

                      Tried, what you said:

                      # cd openembedded
                      # monotone pull
                      monotone: warning: doing anonymous pull
                      monotone: connecting to monotone.nslu2-linux.org
                      monotone: rebuilding merkle trees for collection org
                      monotone: including branch org.openembedded.dev
                      monotone: including branch org.openembedded.nslu2-linux
                      monotone: including branch org.nslu2-linux.dev
                      monotone: [certs: 114] [keys: 7]
                      monotone: [bytes in: 6453] [bytes out: 1393] [certs in: 9] [revs in:
                      3]
                      monotone: verifying new revisions (this may take a while)
                      monotone: successful exchange with monotone.nslu2-linux.org
                      monotone: [bytes in: 6453] [bytes out: 1407] [certs in: 9] [revs in:
                      3]

                      Then started the build again:
                      # cd ..
                      # make openslug-build
                      ( cd openslug ; make )
                      make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/test/nslu2/openslug'
                      ( source setup-env ; bitbake openslug-packages )
                      Environment set up for OpenSlug development.
                      NOTE: Using cache in '/opt/test/nslu2/openslug/tmp/cache'
                      NOTE: Parsing finished. 538 cached, 0 parsed, 25 skipped, 0 masked.
                      NOTE: build 200507011251: started

                      OE Build Configuration:
                      TARGET_ARCH = "armeb"
                      TARGET_OS = "linux"
                      MACHINE = "nslu2"
                      DISTRO = "openslug"
                      TARGET_FPU = "soft"

                      NOTE: package openslug-image-1.0: started
                      NOTE: package openslug-image-1.0-r13: task do_fetch: started
                      NOTE: package openslug-image-1.0-r13: task do_fetch: completed
                      NOTE: package openslug-image-1.0-r13: task do_rootfs: started
                      NOTE: package openslug-image-1.0-r13: task do_rootfs: completed
                      NOTE: package openslug-image-1.0-r13: task do_build: started
                      NOTE: package openslug-image-1.0-r13: task do_build: completed
                      NOTE: package openslug-image-1.0: completed
                      NOTE: package atftp-0.7: started
                      NOTE: package atftp-0.7-r1: task do_fetch: started
                      NOTE: package atftp-0.7-r1: task do_fetch: completed
                      NOTE: package atftp-0.7-r1: task do_compile: started
                      ERROR: function do_compile failed
                      ERROR: see log in
                      /opt/test/nslu2/openslug/tmp/work/atftp-0.7-r1/tem
                      p/log.do_compile.25097
                      NOTE: Task failed:
                      /opt/test/nslu2/openslug/tmp/work/atftp-0.7-r1/tem
                      p/log.do_compile.25097
                      NOTE: package atftp-0.7-r1: task do_compile: failed
                      ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting
                      NOTE: package atftp-0.7: failed
                      ERROR: Build of openslug-packages failed
                      make[1]: *** [openslug-firmware] Fehler 1
                      make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/test/nslu2/openslug'
                      make: *** [openslug-build] Fehler 2

                      Do I need to delete some files in the cache, perhaps? Or should I
                      remove the whole cache and start the build all over again?

                      Michael
                      Message 10 of 29 , Jul 1 4:05 AM
                        On 7/1/05, mbanditt <auslands-kv@...> wrote:
                        > First there were three wget errors, all from oesources:

                        Ignore those. It's just trying to save you time by checking if it's
                        on oesources first before trying to get it from the original CVS
                        location.

                        > The build, however, continued. It broke finally after 1,5 hours with
                        > the following message:
                        > NOTE: package atftp-0.7-r1: task do_compile: started
                        > ERROR: function do_compile failed
                        > In file included from tftp.c:43:
                        > argz.h:184: error: parse error before '{' token

                        Known problem. Unknown solution at the moment. Note that the
                        firmware image has been built if you got that far, and you can build
                        other packages individually if you need to.

                        -- Rod
                      • Øyvind Repvik
                        Message 11 of 29 , Jul 1 4:20 AM
                          mbanditt wrote:

                          > Do I need to delete some files in the cache, perhaps? Or should I
                          > remove the whole cache and start the build all over again?

                          My bad. Enter the openslug directory, then "source setup-env" and
                          "bitbake -cclean atftp" to clean out the atftp build dir and stamps.
                          Then you can try again.

                          Øyvind :)
                          Message 12 of 29 , Jul 1 4:36 AM
                            On 7/1/05, mbanditt <auslands-kv@...> wrote:
                            > Thanks for your help, Øyvind. I'm sorry, feeling very dumb. As I
                            > said before, I don't know anything about monotone, bitbake and bitkeeper.

                            make update
                            make openslug-build

                            -- Rod
                          • mbanditt
                            Message 13 of 29 , Jul 1 1:30 PM

                              > make update
                              > make openslug-build
                              >
                              > -- Rod

                              Thanks, that one worked. It took another 3 hours to build but now my
                              slug is running on openslug. :-)

                              Next steps are:
                              - Reduce read/write access to the disk (in order to allow spin down)
                              by mounting /var/log and /var/run on ramfs.
                              - Exchange dropbear with openssh (as I can't seem to get dropbear to
                              reject password-authentication)
                              - Install nfs, xinetd, openvpn, crond and some webserver.
                              - Experiment with cups and sane (with my HP Officejet)
                              - Experiment with home automation :-)

                              Btw. many packages that were build in the process are not in the
                              oe-feed. Is there another feed or do I have to compile all packages
                              myself again when there is an update to some of them?

                              Thanks for all your help

                              Michael
                              Message 14 of 29 , Jul 1 2:56 PM
                                On 7/2/05, mbanditt <auslands-kv@...> wrote:
                                > Btw. many packages that were build in the process are not in the
                                > oe-feed. Is there another feed or do I have to compile all packages
                                > myself again when there is an update to some of them?

                                The packages built by openslug-packages.bb end up in the openslug/oe feed.

                                -- Rod
                              • mbanditt
                                Message 15 of 29 , Jul 3 3:38 AM
                                  > The packages built by openslug-packages.bb end up in the openslug/oe
                                  feed.

                                  > -- Rod

                                  Not sure that I understand you correctly. After my build had finished
                                  I found lots of packages in tmp/deploy/ipk that are not in the
                                  openslug/oe feed. Just to name a few: binutils, crond, openvpn. Can
                                  they only be installed from self-build packages?

                                  Cheers,

                                  Michael

                                  P.S.: Now on Turboslug :)
                                • John Bowler
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Jul 3 10:44 AM
                                    From: mbanditt
                                    >> The packages built by openslug-packages.bb end up in the openslug/oe
                                    >>feed.
                                    >>
                                    >> -- Rod
                                    >
                                    >Not sure that I understand you correctly. After my build had finished
                                    >I found lots of packages in tmp/deploy/ipk that are not in the
                                    >openslug/oe feed. Just to name a few: binutils, crond, openvpn. Can
                                    >they only be installed from self-build packages?

                                    That's correct.

                                    Look in openembedded/conf/distro.openslug.conf and examine the comments
                                    around the FEED_URIS lines - add a new FEED_URIs in your local.conf file
                                    which points to an FTP server for your tmp/deploy/ipk directory. Then you
                                    will be able to ipkg install anything that can be built. Please update one
                                    of the OpenSlug source pages explaining how to do this -
                                    http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/OpenSlug/CustomisingTheBuild is probably a
                                    good place.

                                    So far as the standard feed is concerned it is currently not being updated.
                                    The development team believes everyone would be very sorry if we started
                                    updating it, because the latest builds from monotone use a *new* glibc.

                                    In essence what we have is a stable feed locked to OpenSlug 2.0 and what we
                                    do *not* have is an 'unstable' feed locked to the latest monotone tree.
                                    Øyvind has made some good suggestions on the channel (#nslu2-linux) about
                                    what is required - the requirements are greater than for unslung because
                                    unslung does not change the base libc library.

                                    John Bowler <jbowler@...>
                                  • mbanditt
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Jul 4 1:37 AM

                                      > unslung openvpn is broken. openslug openvpn works, for the time being.

                                      openslug openvpn is broken as well (get the same test-crypto error as
                                      with unslung openvpn) :(

                                      Michael
                                    • Øyvind Repvik
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Jul 4 1:41 AM
                                        mbanditt wrote:
                                        >>unslung openvpn is broken. openslug openvpn works, for the time being.
                                        >

                                        > openslug openvpn is broken as well (get the same test-crypto error as
                                        > with unslung openvpn) :(

                                        It's fixed in unstable (ie, the monotone repo). To fix openvpn, edit
                                        openembedded/packages/openvpn/openvpn-2.0.bb and add this line before
                                        "inherit autotools":

                                        CFLAGS += "-fno-inline"

                                        then clean out and rebuild.
                                        This will make the bug go away ;-)

                                        Øyvind
                                      • Mathieu Monney
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Jul 4 2:06 AM
                                          Hi everybody !
                                          I would like to know if someone has put his slug in his case when it is
                                          overclocked ! Because I am afraid of the heating of this CPU... I am
                                          asking me if it is reasonable to put the slug in his case when it is
                                          overclocked...?
                                          Sorry or my approximativ english ;-) !

                                          Mathieu
                                        • Øyvind Repvik
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Jul 4 2:11 AM
                                            Mathieu Monney wrote:
                                            > Hi everybody !
                                            > I would like to know if someone has put his slug in his case when it is
                                            > overclocked ! Because I am afraid of the heating of this CPU... I am
                                            > asking me if it is reasonable to put the slug in his case when it is
                                            > overclocked...?
                                            > Sorry or my approximativ english ;-) !
                                            >
                                            > Mathieu
                                            Yes, I have been running it inside the case for a couple of days now.
                                            The difference from the original is hardly noticeable.

                                            Øyvind
                                          • mbanditt
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Jul 4 5:03 AM
                                              > It's fixed in unstable (ie, the monotone repo). To fix openvpn,
                                              edit
                                              > openembedded/packages/openvpn/openvpn-2.0.bb and add this line
                                              before
                                              > "inherit autotools":
                                              >
                                              > CFLAGS += "-fno-inline"
                                              >
                                              > then clean out and rebuild.
                                              > This will make the bug go away ;-)
                                              >
                                              > Øyvind

                                              Thanks! I am learning, slowly but steadily. I have been looking for a
                                              possibility to somehow add this option (as it was mentioned in
                                              slugbug), but didn't know the exact command (CFLAGS).

                                              Is there somewhere a kind of tutorial to bitbake? I've been
                                              unsuccessfully searching for it quite a while now :(

                                              And I also would like to port some apps from unslung to openslug. Some
                                              seem to be simple to port (e.g. nano or imagemagick, the latter I need
                                              for some automated webcam downloads and converts). I guess in several
                                              cases it's mostly changing the install path. However, I have no idea
                                              where to download e.g. the bitbake imagemagick.bb, libjpeg.bb,
                                              libpng.bb etc. files and include them in the bitbake tree. Would this
                                              be the right way?

                                              Thanks again

                                              Michael
                                            • yahpn
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Jul 4 7:41 AM
                                                I also have been running at 233 MHz inside the case with the case in
                                                the vertical position. The case never felt too hot so I doubt the
                                                following is necessary, but I thought it might be hotter than it needs
                                                to be since there were no holes on top. So, I drilled some, and while
                                                I was at it, I made the pin holes on the component side of the side
                                                case wider.

                                                I made some holes wide enough to allow me to insert the thermocouple
                                                from my multimeter. The measurements show no temperature problems at
                                                all. Ambient temperatures in a couple of places inside the case and
                                                even the IXP420 case temperature (harder to measure) itself are in the
                                                40 - 49 C range. According to the datasheet ambient is allowed to be
                                                as high as 70 C.