Re: X10 Control

  • linuxhomeautomation
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2005
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Noah Swint <nswint@h...> wrote:
      > Anyone out there using X10 on their NSLU2? If so what hardware and

      > software are you using and what is your configuration.

      Sorry it took so long to reply. The PowerLinc USB X10 interface
      controller (uses Wish
      http://wish.sourceforge.net/) is a good hardware controller and you
      can use the Java client (see the web page). The CM15A looks like it
      may be a good controller but it does have it's flaws (argh!). The
      Insteon controller (very similar to the PowerLinc, same company) looks
      also to be another step up. I was about to do a bunch of work on all
      of the above but got side tracked on another project that will take me
      until January to complete. Then I'll be able to get back to the NSLU2
      & the HA controllers (unless I can work the NSLU2 & the X10 stuff
      in). Sorry for being vague but I can't release any details just yet.

      PS: All of the above interfaces are USB based. The CM15A has very
      little software as does the Insteon controller. There is one more
      controller to consider and that the UPB controller (USB) but I don't
      think anyone has Linux software for it. It's new, does not interfere
      with X10 but is not compatible with it either.

      http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/ (Text only)
      http://hcs.sourceforge.net/ (HCS II)
      http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog