Sane and scanner support

  • Wojtek
    Message 1 of 34 , Jun 29, 2005
      Hi all,

      I already asked this question some time ago on both the general and the
      developer list but did not get any replies. I saw that the
      sane-backends module is available in the package repository. Is there
      someone out there who is successfully using a (USB) scanner with NSLU2
      device?

      Thanks in advance,
      Wojtek
    • John Bowler
      Message 34 of 34 , Jul 5, 2005
        From: m. allan noah
        >david/jbowler-
        >
        >should i try to get this pushed upstream? is there a better way to wrap it
        >so that it wont cause issues for other compilers?

        The comment about doing it properly (peteru?) is valid - all uses of AnyPtr
        should be rewritten to use simple byte pointers...

        The fix I gave is GCC specific - indeed at least part of the need for it is
        GCC-ARM specific (GCC has a half-baked implementation of packed/alignment
        specification on ARM). It should be protected by checking for GCC (#if
        __GCC__?) and the macros (PACKED8, PACKED16) set to empty otherwise. Then
        it is safe and probably appropriate to all platforms if the plustek
        maintainer doesn't want to rewrite the code...

        John Bowler <jbowler@...>