eggdrop problem

  • nirgal76
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 26, 2005

      i used unslung 5.x on USB stick and the last eggdrop, install with
      ipkg and i have the following problem :
      "error while loading shared libraries: libtcl.so: cannot open shared
      object file: No such file or directory"

      libtcl.so is in /opt/lib so what's happen ? :/
    • Jean-Fabrice
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 26, 2005

        I've reproduced the issue. It seems that LDFLAGS is not properly used
        at eggdrop link time. I will work on it in the next few days and give
        you some news about it.

        JF

        2005/6/26, nirgal76 <yahoo@...>:
        > Hi,
        >
        > i used unslung 5.x on USB stick and the last eggdrop, install with
        > ipkg and i have the following problem :
        > "error while loading shared libraries: libtcl.so: cannot open shared
        > object file: No such file or directory"
        >
        > libtcl.so is in /opt/lib so what's happen ? :/
        >
        > [ Moderator Note: All new information should be recorded in the Wiki at http://www.nslu2-linux.org ]
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Josh Parsons
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 26, 2005
          On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 00:08 +0200, Jean-Fabrice wrote:

          > I've reproduced the issue. It seems that LDFLAGS is not properly used
          > at eggdrop link time. I will work on it in the next few days and give
          > you some news about it.

          In the meantime, installing the ldconfig package might provide a
          workaround.

          --
          Josh Parsons
          Philosophy Department

        • nirgal76
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 27, 2005
            i had put libtcl.so in /lib and it's ok, but now, second problem,
            eggdrop doesn't find language files... (it's not the first eggdrop i
            run, i has one on a shell and everything is ok), it seems to not find
            language folder...
            it says "no language files found for core" or something like that.
            but files are here and in the good folder...this package has a lot of
            problems :/

            Thx for helping ;)
            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Josh Parsons <jbparsons@u...>
            wrote:
            > On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 00:08 +0200, Jean-Fabrice wrote:
            >
            > > I've reproduced the issue. It seems that LDFLAGS is not properly
            used
            > > at eggdrop link time. I will work on it in the next few days and
            give
            > > you some news about it.
            >
            > In the meantime, installing the ldconfig package might provide a
            > workaround.
            >
            > --
            > Josh Parsons
            > Philosophy Department
            > 1238 Social Sciences and Humanities Bldg.
            > University of California
            > Davis, CA 95616-8673
            > USA

          • lordeiffel
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 29, 2005
              well i never had the problem with the libtcl.so
              but eggdrop won´t work for me too
              it can´t find the language files and the
              Error isn´t that helpfull either

              [03:32] * MSG534

              google didn´t help with the error message
              i think the eggdrop paket isn´t compile
              the way it should be too bad i am not good
              at compiling stuff so i cant try that

              let´s wait for Josh maybe he can help us

              --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "nirgal76" <yahoo@s...> wrote:
              > i had put libtcl.so in /lib and it's ok, but now, second problem,
              > eggdrop doesn't find language files... (it's not the first eggdrop i
              > run, i has one on a shell and everything is ok), it seems to not find
              > language folder...
              > it says "no language files found for core" or something like that.
              > but files are here and in the good folder...this package has a lot of
              > problems :/
              >
              > Thx for helping ;)
              > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Josh Parsons <jbparsons@u...>
              > wrote:
              > > On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 00:08 +0200, Jean-Fabrice wrote:
              > >
              > > > I've reproduced the issue. It seems that LDFLAGS is not properly
              > used
              > > > at eggdrop link time. I will work on it in the next few days and
              > give
              > > > you some news about it.
              > >
              > > In the meantime, installing the ldconfig package might provide a
              > > workaround.
              > >
              > > --
              > > Josh Parsons
              > > Philosophy Department
              > > 1238 Social Sciences and Humanities Bldg.
              > > University of California
              > > Davis, CA 95616-8673
              > > USA
              > >
              > > Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
              > > See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
            • lordeiffel
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 29, 2005
                are you getting this error too ?

                [11:16] LANG: No lang files found for section core.

                Eggdrop v1.6.17 (C) 1997 Robey Pointer (C) 2004 Eggheads
                [11:16] * MSG534

                i tried to export EGG_LANGDIR but that didn´t help
                and what does MSG534 mean google didn´t help :-(

                which ipkg packages do i need to install to compile eggdrop from
                source
                maybe their is something wrong in the precompiled package
                or if somebody else could redo it
                i would like to see the gseen und stats module from this site in the
                packages ---> http://www.visions-of-fantasy.de/eggdrop.php
                is their realy no other way as to recompile eggdrop with the modules
                thats realy a pain in the ass recompiling everytime just to
                add some modules

                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 29, 2005
                  I created this package and tryed it first on a wiley, without any major issues.
                  It seems thing gets more complicated on unslung.
                  Apart of the libtcl path not found issue, eggdrop seems to rely on
                  gconv-modules.
                  Do you have 'em installed ?

                  It may not solves everything, so let me know.

                  JF

                • lordeiffel
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 30, 2005
                    ok i installed the gconv module
                    but now running eggdrop -m eggdrop.conf as the eggdropuser
                    to create the userfile doesn´t do anything no prompt return
                    no error message at all :-(
                    using a second session i can see that the eggdrop process
                    is there but on irc it didn´t join the channel
                    and no logfile was written :-(

                  • nirgal76
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 1 1:48 PM
                      no more errors with gconv-modules installed.

                      Thx :)

                    • nirgal76
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 1 4:00 PM
                        no more error but nothing happens
                        #./eggdrop toto.conf

                        and nothing happens, command line seems to wait for something..
                        (chmod is good)

                        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "nirgal76" <yahoo@s...> wrote:
                        > no more errors with gconv-modules installed.
                        >
                        > Thx :)
                        >
                        > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Jean-Fabrice <jeanfabrice@g...>
                        wrote:
                        > > I created this package and tryed it first on a wiley, without any
                        > major issues.
                        > > It seems thing gets more complicated on unslung.
                        > > Apart of the libtcl path not found issue, eggdrop seems to rely on
                        > > gconv-modules.
                        > > Do you have 'em installed ?
                        > >
                        > > It may not solves everything, so let me know.
                        > >
                        > > JF

                      • Jean-Fabrice
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 1 5:17 PM
                          yep. that's what I see too.
                          stracing it show eggdrop blocked on a rt_sigsuspend...
                          dunno what happens... eggdrop is working fine under wl500g (uclibc/no gconv).
                          weird.

                          JF