Linksys releases new nslu2 firmware

  • redeye4242
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6, 2004
      http://www.linksys.com/download/firmware.asp?fwid=217

      From the readme:

      8/3/2004

      Linksys
      A division of Cisco Systems, Inc.

      Firmware Release Notes for NSLU2.
      **************************************

      Firmware Version 2.3 Release 25
      1.) Fixed the Internal Clock bug that caused the NSLU2 to lose time
      by minutes per day
    • Jim Buzbee
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 6, 2004
        On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, redeye4242 wrote:

        > http://www.linksys.com/download/firmware.asp?fwid=217

        Has anyone tried this out yet? I'd like to know if the telnet.cgi
        program is still available. I'm also interested if anything prevents going
        back to an earlier release.

        Jim

        > >From the readme:
        >
        > 8/3/2004
        >
        > Linksys
        > A division of Cisco Systems, Inc.
        >
        > Firmware Release Notes for NSLU2.
        > **************************************
        >
        > Firmware Version 2.3 Release 25
        > 1.) Fixed the Internal Clock bug that caused the NSLU2 to lose time
        > by minutes per day
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Jim Buzbee "I was gratified to be able to
        jbuzbee@... answer promptly, and I did. I
        http://batbox.org said I didn't know." Mark Twain
      • redeye4242
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 6, 2004
          > Has anyone tried this out yet? I'd like to know if the telnet.cgi
          > program is still available. I'm also interested if anything
          prevents going
          > back to an earlier release.
          >
          > Jim

          Ed, note on your tech doc at tomsharware indicated that the
          Management directory listing ability has been removed as of the
          V2.3R25 NSLU2 firmware.

          I have yet to try the new firmware personally though.
        • Jim Buzbee
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 8, 2004
            I went ahead and bit-the-bullet and installed the new firmware. It
            still has telnet.cgi
            available. Time will tell (pun intended) if it really corrects the time
            problems on
            the box.

            I added a new link to this group a few days ago :

            http://www.culcon.com/~henry/nslu2.html

            Henry Culver compiled ntpclient and adjtime for the box and the
            binaries are
            available on his page. He also found out some interesting things about
            the libm on the box...

            Jim