Re: [nslu2-linux] Mounting time for a hot plugged disk

  • ov
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 21, 2005
      I think the beep is an unreliable cue, especially for people who don't
      always work near the NSLU2. It certainly couldn't hurt, but I also don't
      know how to make the unit beep when it's finished checking the disk
      quotas. Maybe by wrapping the quota call with our own code or script?

      If the only time the rw mounted drive becomes an issue is with unslinging,
      then what about adding this to the unsling script?

      if ! /bin/mount | /bin/grep -q "$targ type ext3 (rw)"; then
      echo $1 is not mounted as read/write. Please try again later.
      return 1
      fi

      I forget if having the drive mounted rw is an issue when you use the
      internal flash as the rootfs (since I never used 3.18), but since it's
      been designated for advanced users for 4.20+, I'm not too worried about it
      myself.

      Can raise a SlugBug if we think this is a good fix.

      Oliver

      http://mail.yahoo.com