Re: New NSLU2 Owner Question... USB Hubs?

  • hd_de_2000
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 2, 2005
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Camstone Fox" <celticfox@d...>
      wrote:
      > Still, I was as much
      > interested in being able to add a USB printer or two via a hub, to
      the
      > two drives that appear to be the maximum...

      I have successfully connected a port-powered 4x hub and
      used the following devices (unslung 3.16):
      - usb-ps2 adapter with mouse and keyboard
      - serial adapter with serial printer
      - usbvga adapter with monitor
      - digital camera (Canon Powershot a200)
      - CF-card reader
      Not all (but several) at the same time, obviously.
      The usb-port behaves strange: some devices _must_ be connected
      at bootup. Inserting them at runtime crashes the NSLU2 (usb-ps2
      adapter). Others must not be present during bootup (digital camera).

      I would bet that your USB-printer works somehow if a linux driver
      exists.

      Regards

      Helmut Dersch