Re: [nslu2-linux] 'WINXP' EXIF in Jpeg files : bug in php-thttpd

  • Josh Parsons
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2005
      On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 15:15 +0000, nickctrl wrote:

      > I'm trying to extract that 'WINXP' EXIF tag from the file with php-
      > thttpd. Extraction works, but I always get only the first caracter of
      > the field.

      > Is it possible to update the php-thttpd package to include that bug
      > fix ?

      Yes, this bug is fixed in php 5.0.4, and we'll be upgrading to that
      version of php soon.

      --
      Josh Parsons
      Philosophy Department

    • nickctrl
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2005
        I've updated to 5.0.4, including mbstring, but the prob remains ...

        my code looks like :

        ini_set('exif.decode_unicode_intel', 'UCS-2LE');
        ini_set('exif.encode_unicode','ISO-8859-1');
        ini_set('exif.encode_jis','ISO-8859-1');
        ini_set('exif.decode_jis_intel','ISO-8859-1');

        $exif = exif_read_data ($file,0,true);

        $title = $exif['WINXP']['Title'];
        $comment = $exif['WINXP']['Comments'];

        and I desperatly get only the 1st caracter !

        has anybody experienced that trouble ?

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Josh Parsons <jbparsons@u...> wrote:
        > On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 15:15 +0000, nickctrl wrote:
        >
        > > I'm trying to extract that 'WINXP' EXIF tag from the file with php-
        > > thttpd. Extraction works, but I always get only the first caracter of
        > > the field.
        >
        > > Is it possible to update the php-thttpd package to include that bug
        > > fix ?
        >
        > Yes, this bug is fixed in php 5.0.4, and we'll be upgrading to that
        > version of php soon.
        >
        > --
        > Josh Parsons
        > Philosophy Department
        > 1238 Social Sciences and Humanities Bldg.
        > University of California
        > Davis, CA 95616-8673
        > USA

      • Josh Parsons
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 7, 2005
          On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, nickctrl wrote:

          > I've updated to 5.0.4, including mbstring, but the prob remains ...

          Hmm... maybe the bug you're seeing isn't the same one that was fixed by
          5.0.4? You might also check that you have gconv-modules installed.

          ---

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 10, 2005
            Thanks for your reply.
            Yes it seems that that bug is not solved :-(
            But i'm surprised that nobody is using exif tags of win xp ...
            The gconv-modules is installed properly in version 5.0.4.

            Does someone know if gallery is handling properly winxp exif ?
            If so then analysing the code of gallery may help.