Did I just create a brick?

  • billb_tx
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1 3:59 PM
      I was a little careless last night when I was working on getting
      Apache to run on my slug. I reinstalled the Linksys firmware and
      rebooted the device. I then updated the uNSLUng firmware. Rebooted.
      Then I forgot to /sbin/unsling the device. Instead I tried to install
      Apache. Now the box will boot, but I can't connect to it. I try to
      ping 192.168.1.77, but no response. I can't connect to the web
      interface, nothing. Did I create a brick or is there a way to fix
      this?

      Thanks,
      WB

      And I was still unsuccessful in getting Apache to run.
    • Gerald L. Clark
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1 4:17 PM
        billb_tx wrote:
        > I was a little careless last night when I was working on getting
        > Apache to run on my slug. I reinstalled the Linksys firmware and
        > rebooted the device. I then updated the uNSLUng firmware. Rebooted.
        > Then I forgot to /sbin/unsling the device. Instead I tried to install
        > Apache. Now the box will boot, but I can't connect to it. I try to
        > ping 192.168.1.77, but no response. I can't connect to the web
        > interface, nothing. Did I create a brick or is there a way to fix
        > this?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > WB
        >
        > And I was still unsuccessful in getting Apache to run.

        Read the wiki howto on recovering from a bad flash.

        --
        nslu-linux - glc
      • CORNELIU DOBAN
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1 5:36 PM
          make sure that 192.168.1.77 is the right address
          first.
          list on your router web management interface the DHCP
          clients

          --- billb_tx <billb_tx@...> wrote:

          > I was a little careless last night when I was
          > working on getting
          > Apache to run on my slug. I reinstalled the Linksys
          > firmware and
          > rebooted the device. I then updated the uNSLUng
          > firmware. Rebooted.
          > Then I forgot to /sbin/unsling the device. Instead
          > I tried to install
          > Apache. Now the box will boot, but I can't connect
          > to it. I try to
          > ping 192.168.1.77, but no response. I can't connect
          > to the web
          > interface, nothing. Did I create a brick or is
          > there a way to fix
          > this?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > WB
          >
          > And I was still unsuccessful in getting Apache to
          > run.

          Discover Yahoo!
          http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html