Apache2 PHP Segfault

  • Ian Barton
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
      I have just done a clean install of Unslung 4.20 and PHP-Apache. Apache
      works fine for plain html pages. However, for any php pages it segfaults:

      [Wed Jun 01 14:33:35 2005] [notice] LDAP: SSL support unavailable
      [Wed Jun 01 14:33:37 2005] [notice] Apache/2.0.54 (Unix) DAV/2 PHP/5.0.3
      configu
      red -- resuming normal operations
      [Wed Jun 01 14:33:38 2005] [notice] child pid 1072 exit signal
      Segmentation faul
      t (11)
      [Wed Jun 01 14:33:40 2005] [notice] child pid 1101 exit signal
      Segmentation faul
      t (11)

      This happens even with a simple:

      <?php
      phpinfo()
      ?>

      Any suggestions as to how to find out why this is happening?

      Ian.
    • Josh Parsons
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
        On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 15:25 +0100, Ian Barton wrote:
        > I have just done a clean install of Unslung 4.20 and PHP-Apache. Apache
        > works fine for plain html pages. However, for any php pages it segfaults:

        > Any suggestions as to how to find out why this is happening?

        Can you reproduce the problem with php-thttpd, or with the standalone
        php binary?

        You could also try running apache in "foreground" mode, with "httpd -X".
        If it still segfaults, try under gdb, like this: "gdb --args httpd -X".
        Then if it still segfaults, issue the command "bt" to get a backtrace.

        --
        Josh Parsons
        Philosophy Department