Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: May have made a brick...

  • Gerald L. Clark
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2 3:02 PM
      David Carter wrote:

      > Good news! Yes, the fix you recommended worked! I really doubted I
      > could get Redboot access, but, yup, you were right. Reinstalled the
      > firmware, unslung the drive, I can get http access to the slug and the
      > drive. But now.....when I telnet in, it denies me access.
      >
      > I've tried root/uNSLUng, admin/admin, and the personal adminstrator
      > account I created much earlier.
      >
      > I'm doing this when I've booted up normally and have gone to the
      > Management/telnet.cgi page and activated Telnet.
      >
      > I've researched the wikki and can't figger out what I'm doing wrong.
      >
      > Thanks again-
      >
      > Dave

      Again, you need to follow the instructions in the wiki.
      Telnet in with NO disk attached.

      --
      nslu-linux - glc
    • David Carter
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3 8:30 AM
        Yeah, after I posted this most recent message I then did a search thru
        the Wikki, found the instructions, and then came back here and thought
        I deleted the message. Anyway, everything worked, I'm back in
        business. Now, if I can just get an FTPD package installed and
        configured. Guess I'm gonna have to reach for my "Linux for Dummies"
        book.... Thanks again mucho!

        dave s.

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Gerald L. Clark"