Add to WiKi HowTo Receips

  • k_velikov
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2005
      Natively compile and install MRTG on the slug.

      Make sure you have some 250MB available in /share/conf

      1. Install Unslung 3.18-beta.
      2. Install the following packages: autoconf, automake, bash, bison,
      bzip2, coreutils, cvs, diffutils, ed, findutils, flex, gawk, grep,
      groff, libdb, libstdc++, m4, make, ncurses, openssh, patch, perl,
      sed, tar, wget-ssl
      3. # ipkg install crosstool-native (make sure that it installs 117MB
      of files)
      4. # ipkg install zlib
      5. # ipkg install libpng
      6. # ipkg install libjpeg
      7. # ipkg install libgd

      Get MRTG from http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/pub and
      decompress it in /opt/src/mrtg-2

      8. # cd /share/hdd/conf/tmp
      9. # wget http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/pub/mrtg-
      2.11.1.tar.gz
      10. # tar -xzv -f mrtg-2.11.1.tar.gz
      11. # cd /share/hdd/conf/tmp/mrtg-2.11.1

      Now, you decide where to install it. Let's say /opt/mrtg-2

      12. # mkdir /opt/mrtg-2

      Since mrtg usualy looks for libraries every place else but /opt/lib,
      we need to point just about everything.

      13. # LDFLAGS=-Wl,-rpath=/opt/lib
      14. # export LDFLAGS

      Now we begin configuring...

      15. # ./configure --prefix=/opt/mrtg-2 \
      --with-gd-lib=/share/hdd/conf/opt/lib \
      --with-gd-inc=/share/hdd/conf/opt/include \
      --with-z-lib=/share/hdd/conf/opt/lib \
      --with-z-inc=/share/hdd/conf/opt/include \
      --with-png-lib=/share/hdd/conf/opt/lib \
      --with-png-inc=/share/hdd/conf/opt/include

      After some waiting it will configure. Then you "make" it.

      16. # make
      17. # make install

      After some more waiting mrtg makes itself comfortable in /opt/mrtg-2
      There!

      Now you can use the built in script to configure it. It is
      in /opt/mrtg-2/bin. More info on how to do that can be found here:
      http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/cfgmaker.html

      Enjoy
    • Josh Parsons
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2005
        On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 19:06 +0000, k_velikov wrote:

        > Natively compile and install MRTG on the slug.

        Thanks for your effort. I'd encourage you to build mrtg within the
        unslung build environment, though. That way it can be packaged up and
        added to the feeds.

        --
        Josh Parsons
        Philosophy Department