MEM Upgrade

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2005
      Hi there,

      does someone have complete instructions in how to upgrade to
      more ram? What kind of RAM Do you have to compile your own kernel?

      Frank
    • Gerald L. Clark
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2005
        Frank wrote:

        > Hi there,
        >
        > does someone have complete instructions in how to upgrade to
        > more ram? What kind of RAM Do you have to compile your own kernel?
        >
        > Frank
        As far as I know, nobody has an upgraded slug that can actually use the
        added ram with the stock RedBoot.

        --
        nslu-linux - glc
      • Tommy B
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2005
          Gerald L. Clark wrote:

          >Frank wrote:
          >

          >>Hi there,
          >>
          >>does someone have complete instructions in how to upgrade to
          >>more ram? What kind of RAM Do you have to compile your own kernel?
          >>
          >>Frank
          >>

          >As far as I know, nobody has an upgraded slug that can actually use the
          >added ram with the stock RedBoot.

          I've got an OEM board that has 64MB RAM on it. It runs Redboot and
          APEX. APEX is fully operational on the board. APEX also boots on the
          slug, but there is an issue with the installation of the IRQ handers
          that hasn't been fixed yet. I'm talking to several SMT rework companies
          in the area. I'm currently looking at upgrading the Linksys RV042. It
          has headers that appear to be JTAG, Serial, and a MiniPCI connector ---
          Ohhh.... Ahhhh..... I'd also be looking at upgrading the memory and
          possibly the flash.

          I'll have more information soon (tomorrow).

          Regards,

          [g2]