Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: SquirrelMail & cyrus-imapd; Anyone with success?

    Message 1 of 11 , May 1, 2005
      On 5/2/05, audiobetterwork <trogscave@...> wrote:
      > Yes Rod, I would be glad to. If no one else does, I was planning on
      > doing just that as soon as I got it fully up and running. But I still
      > can't log into SquirrelMail. Regardless, I suppose I could create a
      > wiki page that could be a "workinprogress"... and maybe as time goes
      > by, I could fully get it working myself as well as help others.

      Please do so - you might find that someone else adds the critical
      piece of information to your work-in-progress page, which solves the
      problem for you.

      That's the power of the wiki. Add pages early and often, and others
      will finish them off for you :-)

      -- Rod
    • Private Tweety
      Message 2 of 11 , May 2, 2005
        "audiobetterwork" <trogscave@m...> wrote:
        > # ./cyradm -u mail localhost
        >
        > I input the my password at the prompt... and then I get this error:
        >
        > Cannot find termcap: TERM not set at
        > /opt/lib/perl5/5.8.6/Term/ReadLine.pm line
        > 338

        You can try to `ipkg install readline`. If this removes the warning
        for you I'll make it a SUGGESTS= option in cyrus-imapd.mk.

        > But then it continues to execute and gives me the cyradm prompt.
        >
        > localhost>
        >
        > So at this point I entered the command:
        >
        > cm user.mail
        >
        > And it created the mailbox for user mail.
        >
        > If I enter the command:
        >
        > lm
        >
        > it yields the following output:
        >
        > INBOX (\HasNoChildren)
        >
        > So I would guess that is correct.

        Well, I don't know whether it's a good idea to create a mailbox for
        this administrative account. I would recommend to create a user with
        the webinterface and some mailboxes in cyradm for this user as well.

        > At this point, I have only one remaining issue (if that error above
        > isn't important nor related)... I still can't log into SquirrelMail
        > using the mail account that was created. Even though I set the
        > password, and created the mailbox.

        Sh*t. Do you see something in the webserver logs?

        > If you can't right away, thats OK, you have already been very
        > generous with your time and knowledge.

        Since you are the first known user of cyrus-imapd on the slug
        (besides me :-) ) I have high interest that it is working for you.

        MFG Matthias