Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: SquirrelMail & cyrus-imapd; Anyone with success?

    Message 1 of 11 , May 1, 2005
      On 5/2/05, audiobetterwork <trogscave@...> wrote:
      > I realize that you may be unable to assist me much further, because of
      > this. If you can't right away, thats OK, you have already been very
      > generous with your time and knowledge.
      >
      > Again, thanks so much for your help

      Cory,

      Could you please create a SquirrelMail HowTo wiki page based on the
      information you have gained and the experience you now have ?

      -- Rod
    • audiobetterwork
      Message 2 of 11 , May 1, 2005
        > Cory,
        >
        > Could you please create a SquirrelMail HowTo wiki page based on the
        > information you have gained and the experience you now have ?
        >
        > -- Rod

        Yes Rod, I would be glad to. If no one else does, I was planning on
        doing just that as soon as I got it fully up and running. But I still
        can't log into SquirrelMail. Regardless, I suppose I could create a
        wiki page that could be a "workinprogress"... and maybe as time goes
        by, I could fully get it working myself as well as help others.

        The only other issue is that I am a student in college, and this is
        finals week. So I don't have as much time as I would like. But I
        assure you that I will eventually add a Wiki page as time and progress
        on this project permits.

        Thanks,

        Cory
        Message 3 of 11 , May 1, 2005
          On 5/2/05, audiobetterwork <trogscave@...> wrote:
          > Yes Rod, I would be glad to. If no one else does, I was planning on
          > doing just that as soon as I got it fully up and running. But I still
          > can't log into SquirrelMail. Regardless, I suppose I could create a
          > wiki page that could be a "workinprogress"... and maybe as time goes
          > by, I could fully get it working myself as well as help others.

          Please do so - you might find that someone else adds the critical
          piece of information to your work-in-progress page, which solves the
          problem for you.

          That's the power of the wiki. Add pages early and often, and others
          will finish them off for you :-)

          -- Rod
        • Private Tweety
          Message 4 of 11 , May 2, 2005
            "audiobetterwork" <trogscave@m...> wrote:
            > # ./cyradm -u mail localhost
            >
            > I input the my password at the prompt... and then I get this error:
            >
            > Cannot find termcap: TERM not set at
            > /opt/lib/perl5/5.8.6/Term/ReadLine.pm line
            > 338

            You can try to `ipkg install readline`. If this removes the warning
            for you I'll make it a SUGGESTS= option in cyrus-imapd.mk.

            > But then it continues to execute and gives me the cyradm prompt.
            >
            > localhost>
            >
            > So at this point I entered the command:
            >
            > cm user.mail
            >
            > And it created the mailbox for user mail.
            >
            > If I enter the command:
            >
            > lm
            >
            > it yields the following output:
            >
            > INBOX (\HasNoChildren)
            >
            > So I would guess that is correct.

            Well, I don't know whether it's a good idea to create a mailbox for
            this administrative account. I would recommend to create a user with
            the webinterface and some mailboxes in cyradm for this user as well.

            > At this point, I have only one remaining issue (if that error above
            > isn't important nor related)... I still can't log into SquirrelMail
            > using the mail account that was created. Even though I set the
            > password, and created the mailbox.

            Sh*t. Do you see something in the webserver logs?

            > If you can't right away, thats OK, you have already been very
            > generous with your time and knowledge.

            Since you are the first known user of cyrus-imapd on the slug
            (besides me :-) ) I have high interest that it is working for you.

            MFG Matthias